WICHITA STATE (4-1) vs. SAINT LOUIS (3-1) Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Sitting here at Lulu’s I guess Jimmy Buffet’s sisters place off the intra coastal waterway yep drinking a Blue Moon and arguing over where we are going to eat before the game. You know if you travel the game IS important but it only lasts a couple of hours. The rest lasts a lifetime. I’m lucky to be able to follow/travel to some games and I don’t want anyone to feel I’m trying to do anything but trying to convey the atmosphere of what is going on here with the average fan. Go Shocks
    LOVE these type of updates! I also probably remember the games the least when I've been on the road with the Shocks. You're right, it's everything else that builds the memories.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

LOVE these type of updates! I also probably remember the games the least when I've been on the road with the Shocks. You're right, it's everything else that builds the memories.
      This is the one reason I miss the Valley. I do miss the trips to St. Louis. Tons of great memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

This is the one reason I miss the Valley. I do miss the trips to St. Louis. Tons of great memories.
        I hope the tournament moves to Memphis….. the town is an upgrade from St. Louis and the Memphis fans ensure a good atmosphere. Everyone in the city was excited to see fans in their businesses and town in our second AAC tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post

I hope the tournament moves to Memphis….. the town is an upgrade from St. Louis and the Memphis fans ensure a good atmosphere. Everyone in the city was excited to see fans in their businesses and town in our second AAC tournament.
          Memphis is trash. Beale street is overrated.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Memphis is trash. Beale street is overrated.
            And I don't want to give Memphis home court for the AAC tourney

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That too...probably most importantly lol.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                Sitting here at Lulu’s I guess Jimmy Buffet’s sisters place off the intra coastal waterway yep drinking a Blue Moon and arguing over where we are going to eat before the game. You know if you travel the game IS important but it only lasts a couple of hours. The rest lasts a lifetime. I’m lucky to be able to follow/travel to some games and I don’t want anyone to feel I’m trying to do anything but trying to convey the atmosphere of what is going on here with the average fan. Go Shocks
                The wife and I frequent Lulu’s when we take the motor coach down that way. Nice atmosphere.

Piss poor planning on my part led to us not being there this week as the RV park was booked (18 months in advance) and we couldn’t find any other place that could accommodate us. But so glad that so many of you all turned out for the Shox!

Comment

At 5:30, TE doesn't know about Beverly's availability at 7:00

Comment

Beverley is OUT
                    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Nyyyoooooo
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

First, I hope they never move the tournament to Memphis and I don't miss going to St. Louis. I really do not like that town one bit.

Haven't made it to DFW for the AAC yet. Hoping maybe I can get some friends on board to do that at some point.

As for tonight, I still have too many memories of that horrendous 2nd half and after seeing the KenPom stats of ORU the last four years I'm not feeling any better.

I have no Idea what to expect tonight but I don't expect much.

St. Louis - 72
                        Wichita - 65
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                          Beverley is OUT
                          This could actually be a net plus if he's not out for the entire season. Short term pain, long term gain potentially.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            First, I hope they never move the tournament to Memphis and I don't miss going to St. Louis. I really do not like that town one bit.

Haven't made it to DFW for the AAC yet. Hoping maybe I can get some friends on board to do that at some point.

As for tonight, I still have too many memories of that horrendous 2nd half and after seeing the KenPom stats of ORU the last four years I'm not feeling any better.

I have no Idea what to expect tonight but I don't expect much.

St. Louis - 72
                            Wichita - 65
                            I take it that all the negative Nancy’s didn’t go to Memphis. It was a great event. Fort Worth and Orlando were awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The rest of Memphis is the draw…

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post

I take it that all the negative Nancy’s didn’t go to Memphis. It was a great event. Fort Worth and Orlando were awful.
                                I'm just not a fan of playing on the home court of one of the teams. Hell, we could play it in Wichita and have good attendance and atmosphere.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X