Clear All

• WICHITA STATE (4-1) vs. SAINT LOUIS (3-1) Pregame Discussion

WICHITA STATE (4-1) vs. ST LOUIS (3-1)
    Myrtle Beach Invitational
    Sunday, Nov. 19 | 7:00 p.m. CDT
    Conway, S.C. | HTC Center

I'm guessing WSU -2.5

Comment

Sitting on the water in Georgetown SC at Buzz’s Roost getting ready for a bowl of clam chowder and a side of grilled shrimp. Beautiful weather today and yes the sun came up after last night. It has been a good trip with my wife and good friends. Each start of the day a renewed optimism going forward Go Shocks

Comment

Hopeful for a bounceback here. St Louis is closer to WKU in Kenpom than Liberty. So i feel like its going to be a close game. With Beverly likely out, we are looking at 6 contributors and probably some help from Joy or Germany. Probably need to build a lead early because that second half is going to be rough with legs. St Louis plays 8-9 guys pretty consistently so far.

Comment

WSU will return to 21st. and Hillside at 5-1, but just by 2 whiskers. Cut-em thin and Shocks are bound to win.

Charmers 75

Shockers 77
          Last edited by forevershockerfan; November 18, 2023, 11:40 AM.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Last Season, St. LOO was 21-12 and 12-6. Graduation hit them hard so Lindy's predicted them 12 of 15 in the mighty Atlantic 10. Some of you seen them play at this here tourney that the Shocks are in. Gibson Jimerson has led them in scoring the past 2 Seasons but is the only starter remaining. He was picked on the 2 team All-Conference team and was said to be the best shooter in this Conference. Larry Hughes, Sincere Parker and T. Hargrove have had their moments too this Season. They have 2 tall Freshman too.

The stats for these 2 teams do not show a big advantage for either team. Look for Rogers to have his top game of this tourney. We need to get DR, KP, and Ballard involved this time to win this game for a 2-1 finish.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

The 2nd half against Liberty they collapsed on XB with 2,3 and even 4 players at times. I don't recall a single time he attempted to find an open teammate spotting up or slashing to the basket from an angle. There should have been some opportunities for lobs to Q or dishes to KP, Rogers or the DR. Never happened. That is a pretty easy adjustment on our part making them pay for double and triple teams but XB continued to force up his own shot. Remarkable he made as many as he did but there should have been some easy baskets/assists that never happened. I'll be looking for us to take advantage of opponents collapsing on him when he drives. Common coach. Any word on Beverly? I think HCPM will make the adjustment and we win a close one 75-72. 12 team assists and 12 TO's.

Comment

Any word on Beverly?

Saw out on boardwalk area by Dirty Myrtle with team mates in flip flops looking traversing the shops a couple hours ago.

Comment

Just read that Sincere Parker is their top scorer and he is out for Sunday with a broken foot.

Comment

Shocks by 12

Comment

66 to 59 Shoxs
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I’m interested to see how these guys respond to Friday’s drubbing. That was a game that probably exhausted them both physically and emotionally. I really just want to see them respond with grit and determination and focus. I think there is some fair criticism of the coaching on Friday so I’d also like to see how HCPM respond as well. The lack of good reserves is going to be a major factor today. Let’s go Shox!

Comment

Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
                          Just read that Sincere Parker is their top scorer and he is out for Sunday with a broken foot.
                          Broke his foot against Wyoming after dropping 22. No surprise they struggled to adjust vs a good Vermont team. He'll be out for a while.

Comment

Sitting here at Lulu’s I guess Jimmy Buffet’s sisters place off the intra coastal waterway yep drinking a Blue Moon and arguing over where we are going to eat before the game. You know if you travel the game IS important but it only lasts a couple of hours. The rest lasts a lifetime. I’m lucky to be able to follow/travel to some games and I don’t want anyone to feel I’m trying to do anything but trying to convey the atmosphere of what is going on here with the average fan. Go Shocks

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                              I'm guessing WSU -2.5
                              Good guess, I am seeing Shocks -3.5

SLU Bench is uber young. Against Vermont, the 4 bench players consisted of 3 freshmen and a sophomore. I thought they were competitive in both games in MB so far but certainly not unbeatable. Little surprised we're the favorite but I admit a bias of pessimism.

Looking forward to the game! Gotta keep Jimerson under control and off the free throw line.

Comment

Working...
                              X