X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockRef
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
    Like others have posted, this team is much more fun to watch than previous seasons and that makes me happy. Tomorrow’s game will be interesting, I’m hopeful it won’t be a blowout.

I didn’t know Xavier Bell was named after Xavier McDaniel. His stat line tonight was almost an X-man stat line, but he’s got some stiffer competition coming up.
    Winner winner chicken dinner.
    Its win and nothing Is better than winning. However, looking ahead, better teams will be problem.
    Pohto shooting treys is a problem. If this continues, heartburn will follow.
    Just wondering where this would be if Ricks hadn't' packed his bags and Ridgnal didn't show up.
    Really glad Abidde didn't follow and stayed the course.

Anyhow having trouble thinking Ballard isn't Orupke 2.0?
    Offensive flow looks so much better. HCPM didn't need much time to improve on last years offense.
    Pohto is a needed component. But needs to eat some spinach.

That is all.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bluzrover
    replied
    Like others have posted, this team is much more fun to watch than previous seasons and that makes me happy. Tomorrow’s game will be interesting, I’m hopeful it won’t be a blowout.

I didn’t know Xavier Bell was named after Xavier McDaniel. His stat line tonight was almost an X-man stat line, but he’s got some stiffer competition coming up.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
    We are about to hit a stretch that isn't hard to imagine some losses. But some on here said it's gonna be tough to get 9 wins on the season.

I have a hard time believing we won't find more than 5 wins the rest of the way.....lol
    I’m certainly one of those. After the mini scout of Coastal I was absolutely concerned about a 1-4 or 2-3 start (with a certain loss tomorrow against either team). Very happy with team’s start. There’s still zero margin for error, but as I’ve said, so far this is an easy team to support.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Listened to most of it on the radio. Did Beverly foul a three point shooter three different times?

Leave a comment:

• vancedave56
    replied
    Good pace and very entertaining game.

Leave a comment:

• WeWillShockU2
    replied
    Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
    Did y'all have a lot of transmission problems during the game - screen fragmenting, sound dropping out and so on? Just trying to see if it's Cox, just my cable, or what.
    No problems for me on HULU.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
    We are about to hit a stretch that isn't hard to imagine some losses. But some on here said it's gonna be tough to get 9 wins on the season.

I have a hard time believing we won't find more than 5 wins the rest of the way.....lol
    After this tournament, our schedule is one massive minefield until March. The one thing I do like is we are getting some confidence going into the minefield.

And while our legs are going to be gone at some point, the one good thing about a short roster is the players learn each other's tendencies to a much deeper level and could end up gelling quite well.

Question will be can they stay injury free and healthy? -- which is a tall order.

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Colby had a decent game but he’s not helping us when he goes 1-7 from 3.
    Even the beat shooters are typically streaky. Now if he follows it up tomorrow with the same......

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Colby had a decent game but he’s not helping us when he goes 1-7 from 3.

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rize Ballz
    replied
    Don’t know how good we are but can we admit that every returning player is better than they were last year? KP is doing way more of the intangibles and the rest are obviously improved.

Leave a comment:

• JVShocker
    replied
    4 wins. 0 losses. It's entertaining basketball. It's a pretty fluid game, the way I always liked to play and now the way I like to watch. And I really identify with HCPM's demeanor during the game. The next game no matter the opponent will be t.o.u.g.h. Beverly is still my favorite player, but I would like to point out that last year I was never one to buy a ticket for the XB train ride. I don't know what he did between last season and the first four games, but Bell is one of the most improved players, let's call it a transformation, I have seen in a Shocker uni in a long long time. Well done by everyone. Looking forward to watching the next game.

Leave a comment:

• kcshocker11
    replied
    Always glad to come home and see a Shocker win! Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    With the exception of 5 turnovers XB had a terrific stat line: 20 points on 8-17 (2-4) from the field plus 2-2 from the line, 7 rebounds (2nd on the team behind KP's 8), 5 assists, 3 steals and 1 block.

Despite not shooting as well in the second half (47.2%/47.4% in the first half vs 42.9%/21.4% in the 2nd half the Shocks still managed to put up 43 points in each half. The 10-12 free throws in the 2nd half no doubt helped with that.

I think Colby did a pretty good job for most of the game of not hunting his shot as CCU I think was focusing quite a bit on stopping him and making someone else beat them.

Really nice bounce back in the 2nd half by KP after a forgettable 1st half.

Pretty good balance getting 5 guys in double figures (XB-20, KP-16, RC-15, DR-15 and HB-10) plus IA just missed joining that group with 8 points.

No doubt HCPM will be chatting with HB about fouling 3 point shooters.

Still a lot of work to do and I expect our lack of a deeper bench will be a factor on occasion this year (especially later in the year). We simply have to stay healthy. But I am encouraged by the fact that guys we had big questions and concerns about coming into the season and who had not done much at the D-1 level (XB, QB, IA and DR) are all doing better than expected so far. That would seem to reflect on the kind of job HCPM and staff are doing and provides some reason to be optimistic about where the program may be heading in the next few years.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 16, 2023, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X