Bardo interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    This interview was included in the University Relations e-mail update this a.m.

http://www.wichita.edu/thisis/wsunews/news/?nid=1842
    Thanks for the link. A very good question and answer article. Bardo talks about Football a couple of times in this article even when he isn't asked about it. I found that interesting and from my point of view, encouraging.
    For example:

Q: When you get to watch TV, what do you like to watch?
    Bardo:
    ".......
    In the fall, if I don't have to be somewhere, I am a football guy. I can watch any two teams play. My tradition has been that if I don't care about either team, I root for whichever one is wearing red. Since I'm here (at WSU) I'll probably root for whichever one is wearing black and gold. I just really like football a lot and will watch that if I have an opportunity."

Comment

Kai, we Shockers are a pragmatic and fiscally prudent lot.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
        I should really be on the university planning committee for expansion. The only thing we need is money for my vision. The POGO VISION....I see a time when McDonald Park becomes the WSU golf course and is updated and a driving range added where the houses on the west side are removed to make room. I see the current golf course used for expansion of student housing creating a "villiage". Since money is no object to this vision I would offer scholarships to any student in the top 10% of their high school class (in state) and create an academic villiage for these students to live. New research facilities used not only by the university but local business as a cooperative venture. I see the land between 17th and 13th being purchased to connect the new golf course and the existing campus. I see a new football complex being built on this land using the natural terrain to create the bowl for the new complex (I actually took a field mapping course and I had to map Fairmount Park) and its athletic "villiage". I see building parking garages where existing parking now exists but building them down instead of up and creating green areas where asphalt now exists giving the campus a much different feel. I can see building an elevated rail system to move students and visitors to hubs or buildings connecting the campus no matter where you are and want to go. This is how I would like to see things but the rest of you feel free to add to the vision. Just remember if you can't dream it it will never happen.
        Impressive. Will there be beer in the academic village?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Impressive. Will there be beer in the academic village?
          Shock Top on draught and frosted mugs.

Comment

Awwwww... :good:

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I might consider going back to college

Comment

He needs to root for whoever is wearing black and yellow not gold. Someone should tell WSU's Prez the official colors.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  He needs to root for whoever is wearing black and yellow not gold. Someone should tell WSU's Prez the official colors.
                  Do we really need to get into this debate again?
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Is there a debate? The Alma Mater says "Long wave the Yellow and Black."
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

And the fight song says gold.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Plus, many, many people will call it gold over yellow because of ease. I know as an official, we say gold no matter what the shade is (yellow/gold).
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

The visual standards guide for Wichita State uses the term "yellow."

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Well count me in, no matter the cost!
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Long live the Pantone & Black. Go Shocks!

Comment

The official colors and black and yellow. It isn't debatable. Obviously the writer of the fight song screwed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X