• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

As in The Bruce?

I don't.
    What’s wrong with Bruce? Sure, he has a certain quirk
    to him (hell, we all do), but he knew his audience and made damn sure to make the Shockers a priority. I can’t say that about any other TV sports person currently in the market. I could barely tell you who is working in Wichita market right now.
    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

to him (hell, we all do), but he knew his audience and made damn sure to make the Shockers a priority. I can’t say that about any other TV sports person currently in the market. I could barely tell you who is working in Wichita market right now.
      He’s only the best sportscaster Wichita has ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I miss Tekele.

Come to think of it... I miss a LOT of things.
        Like getting together on park benches without masks?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

He loves the sound of his own voice more than anything else in the world. I couldn't stand listening to him. Plus, he's not that good of a person. Or, is at least horrible to work with.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Rize Ballz View Post

'Jim Kobbe Steakhouse' was runner up...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Rize Ballz View Post

I’m old, but I’d put ol’ Gus Grebe at the top of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

What did ole Gus say on Shocker free throws? ‘First of two, right thru…second, good as gold.’

He was the voice of my youth listen on radio.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                  I have no idea why this struck my brain this morning, but I got to thinking about how Jackie Carmichael's "high karate" kick foul in 2013 unleashed a monstrous chain of events. Had he not done that, and we lost that game to the Dirty Birds, it is very possible or even likely that:
                  • we don't make the NCAA in 2013 and thus no Final Four
                  • the 2014 season maybe turns out the same way, maybe not
                  • without that Final Four, the AAC probably doesn't even give us a sniff, and we would still be in the Valley
                  • FHCGM probably doesn't stick around as long and leaves for better opportunities
                  • who knows how things turn out if we have a new head coach in say, 2016 or 2017, maybe we have Jans, maybe not, but we would likely still be in the Valley
                  Even with all the good, bad, and ugly, I'm glad we are now in the AAC, even if it is a much weaker conference than when we joined. I think it is a better fit for us not only athletically, but also in terms of a better fit with universities we are more in common with in general.

Would it be rude to send Jackie Carmichael a thank you Christmas card, perhaps like this one?

I was a few rows behind the Shocker bench at that game. I had a goal to go to every MVC opponent's home gym. (I didn't make that goal) I remember seeing the kick, just a few feet away and wondered why there wasn't an immediate call. It took a few minutes for WSU to bring it to the attention of the refs. It was a wild game.

And then after the game, there was some kind of scuffle between coaches or players in the tunnel. Illinois State players and coaches didn't like WSU and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Between that and Darius Carter conking a ref on the head at the opening tip, we have certainly seen some bizarre stuff. I can't remember what game that was.
                    I remember Shaq knocking a referee out cold on the opening tip, but don’t remember that happening with Darius.

Comment

Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
                      Happened right in front of dumbass Paul Jansenn’s face and he ignored it.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

He put the others " in the ole ice box".

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

I was a few rows behind the Shocker bench at that game. I had a goal to go to every MVC opponent's home gym. (I didn't make that goal) I remember seeing the kick, just a few feet away and wondered why there wasn't an immediate call. It took a few minutes for WSU to bring it to the attention of the refs. It was a wild game.

And then after the game, there was some kind of scuffle between coaches or players in the tunnel. Illinois State players and coaches didn't like WSU and vice versa.
                          Iirc, that was the game ISUr fans were throwing coins at WSU, and Dana Ford got into it with Marshall in the tunnel. If you remember, Dana was a GA with Marshall at Winthrop and his first year at WSU, and then was an assistant with Marshall for one year the year before the kung fu game and left in a tumultuous manner to join DBDM at ISUr.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

I remember Shaq knocking a referee out cold on the opening tip, but don’t remember that happening with Darius.
                            Maybe that was it. I know it was a non-con game that was not at home. Seton Hall in 15-16 perhaps?

That game, along with the game at Tennessee in 12-13, are the two worst officiated games I have seen us play in.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Iirc, that was the game ISUr fans were throwing coins at WSU, and Dana Ford got into it with Marshall in the tunnel. If you remember, Dana was a GA with Marshall at Winthrop and his first year at WSU, and then was an assistant with Marshall for one year the year before the kung fu game and left in a tumultuous manner to join DBDM at ISUr.
                              I recall Jans being a part of that skirmish...
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

He put the others " in the ole ice box".
                                In the ole deep freeze!

Comment

Working...
                                X