WSU vs Friends (Sunday, Nov 12, 1pm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Would like to see a starting line up of Germany, Abidde, McBride, Thengval and Joy
    That would send this message to your players.
    "Play down to your competition"

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Would like to see a starting line up of Germany, Abidde, McBride, Thengval and Joy
      I don't thing your going to see that. On his WKU post game shows he said had some new stuff he was wanted to put in prior to the Myrtle Beach games. The teams has today off. So not a lot of time to work on adding this stuff. Look for the starting lineup and top 7 guys to be pretty much unchanged for the first half anyway. The 2nd half I would expect you will get to see a new mix of players for somewhat extended minutes. If you don't then that would not be a good thing at all.

Comment

I buy season tickets because I want the routine that we've established. I also want to support the basketball program. I understand why some have held back and have not done the same. But, a new era is slowly dawning. Get in on it.

Comment

If you buy a ticket through a secondary market, the athletic department gets $0 If you buy a ticket through the ticket office the athletic department gets 100% of what you spend.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

That is kind of my point. Right now, there is no risk to not getting a ticket to the game(s) you want. When the arena gets to 9000 tickets sold on a consistent basis, then there's some risk. We're not even to 7000 right now.

I know some buy their season tickets because they are going to support the program no matter what. Those of us for whom it's a bit of a sacrifice to shell out the $$$ for season tickets, there's no incentive to buy them or the mini-plans while the arena is barely half full.
            As long as you buy them, we just need people in the stands

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
              I buy season tickets because I want the routine that we've established. I also want to support the basketball program. I understand why some have held back and have not done the same. But, a new era is slowly dawning. Get in on it.
              The are various ways to support Wichita State athletics. The most tangible way is to buy tickets and fund SASO with money that actually goes to the WSU athletic department. But if your situation is such that you simply can't afford to attend games except at fire sale prices than that's okay. Doesn't benefit the athletic department financially but in our present circumstances your butt in a seat is worth something. Of course, the hope is that these folks will soon be replaced by fans paying money to WSU for tickets and SASO dues. If that doesn't happen hopefully our AAC media deals are adequate enough to fund the athletic department needs. Coach Mills and staff can contribute greatly to that by winning and winning with an entertaining product.

Perhaps we need to rethink how we fund SASO although tying it to MBB season tickets maybe the best leverage we have.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

WSU spit in the face of A LOT of supporters under Golden. I know we don’t have season tix any more because of that. The university is reaping what it has sowed, and it’s going to take a lot of time to fix. Winning will put butts back in seats but until then they can’t expect the blind support they once had.
                Just curious, what did Golden do that was such a slap to fans? He wasn't employed very long...

"Say it slowly and savor it..."
                Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post

I understand that people were upset at how that was handled, but everyone involved has been removed/ fired. If we want the premier activity in Wichita to succeed it's going to take the community supporting this university and team as it builds up to a winning culture. The University has been around for almost 130 years and plays an important part in growing our city, don't let a few missteps by a president who is no longer at the helm cloud your judgment. Leaders come and go but WSU needs support.
                  Preaching to the choir. Just stating that WSU hurt itself in a major way politically and needs to find a way to bring those people back or find replacements. Winning will do that.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post

Just curious, what did Golden do that was such a slap to fans? He wasn't employed very long...
                    He accomplished his No. 1 priority. Getting rid of Gregg Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      If you buy a ticket through a secondary market, the athletic department gets $0 If you buy a ticket through the ticket office the athletic department gets 100% of what you spend.
                      Not entirely true. Especially from tickets sold by season ticket holders, there is some bit of a fee that WSU gets from StubHub. WSU’s ticket system interfaces with StubHub to make the transaction happen.
                      78-65

Comment

I bought 4 tickets for $11 a piece - $60 after fees. So that is $4 per ticket fee. Better than the “hot deals” they were offering. I was next to the student section 16 rows up. Coming from someone who used to have 2nd row season tickets, I would do it again but the results have to warrant it.

Comment

The biggest thing that drove many of our fans/donors away was probably the Ivanka Trump thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The biggest thing that drove many of our fans/donors away was probably the Ivanka Trump thing.
                            Two big reasons he shouldn’t have done that.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

And his one year was one too many.

1. He was rumored to have said he agreed with Bardo's vision for the university, but after being hired, he moved away from it.
                              2. Golden brought the "cancel" culture to WSU and was anti-free speech and pissed off major supporters of WSU.
                              3. After The Kansas Board of Regents meeting with Golden, the regents had to reiterate that Kansas colleges were to promote free speech, diversity, and inclusion. Golden resigned shortly afterward.
                              4. He implemented the investigation of Marshall

Comment

Not much to say about this game. I'll just say Shocks win this one, the margin could be 10, 20 or even 30 points. After Thursday night's tourney- like game, this will be an anomaly in an otherwise difficult schedule. Mills could experiment with lineups, rotations, new plays, press, zone, and it still won't matter. Just get the win and get everyone out of this game healthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X