WSU vs Friends (Sunday, Nov 12, 1pm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs Friends (Sunday, Nov 12, 1pm)

This could be a chance to see how the walkons do playing with the rotation players.

It's an opportunity to see how McBride and Thengvall do with the rotation players instead of how they look in mop up minutes. We need both of them in some potential situations that could happen down the road. If McBride could be the next J.R. Simon, that would be a plus for the season.
    Last edited by Kung Wu; November 10, 2023, 09:41 AM.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Hopefully it allows Ridgnal to rest his back. And anyone else with some nagging things as well. Coach is going to have his hands full trying to keep everyone healthy and not worn down. Usually I would say don't go too hard or long in practice, but this team doesnt have that luxury. Hopefully it clicks for Germany soon.

Will be interesting to see how this season goes with 7 players, but they keep fighting like they are and the fans will be there in the end! Go Shox!
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Wheat 86

Falcons 65

A 21 point surpass in the midst of wholesale substitutions gone wild.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Shox by 3 in a nailbiter

Comment

I'm looking at this game as a chance to get Joy and Jacob some meaningful minutes. Those two need to be counted on to play 5-6 minutes a game, maybe more if there's foul trouble.

Rest Ridgnal and give Germany some of Ballard's minutes.

Comment

This one scares me. We gotta fill up the Roundhouse and hope the refs are Shocker fans!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
              We gotta fill up the Roundhouse
              LOL

Fill it up with what? It won't be with fans.

Comment

Friends also has a game on Saturday. They may not have much legs left in the 2nd half against us.

Comment

As the Season wears on, they need some promo combos to get more fans in the stands.

Comment

Years ago, was it Emporia State that had the Jayhawks down at halftime?

Comment

I understand we need revenue and I appreciate value those of us who do spend our money supporting the University and Athletics, but this team deserves more support than they're getting.

I'm ok with a larger effort at discounting tickets...maybe for first time buyers, even first time this season. I'm also ok with ticket giveaways. Whether organized (can't do enough for military imho for instance) or say something like the first 100 people in line at 5:45 get a free ticket. Anything to get these guys more support. Maybe free or deep discounted concessions with a purchase. Anything at all to get some more butts in seats.

Comment

More $20 flash sales, and maybe throw in a coupon for a $5 concessions combo.

Comment

It felt like 6,500 to 7,000 fans last night to me. I was pleasantly surprised.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            More $20 flash sales, and maybe throw in a coupon for a $5 concessions combo.
                            they could also do flash sales 15 min before tipoff. All tickets half price. At some point they will start selling out.

Comment

WSU should try a promo like this sometime:

Comment

Working...
                              X