No announcement yet.

Shocks vs Western Kentucky (11-9-23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Joe Pleasant. He will always be remembered as Example 1a of IB’s coaching ineptness.

Comment

• FSF Seven Way Too Early Observations: Part 1 of 7 to follow by and by.

1. My predictions thus far have underestimated these here Shockers. For me, that's rare

2. The Twin Towers Project with KP and Ballard are "All Systems Go." I'm hoping Germany will be ready by AAC to really help them off the bench.

3. We wonder why Mo State didn't utilize D.R. The HCPM System is tailor made for his game. To MO. State, I myself say in this Season of thanks to them : THANK YOU THANK YOU AND THANK YOU.

4. Often every Season there are articles of hype of various opinions. Two things: Mr. Abidde is indeed improved as we heard he was. Ballard and Abidde are really improving faster that I thought.

5. Number 4 blends into Number 5. Add the improving development of Xavier Bell. He uses his football strength to penetrate in and score.

6. Number 4 and 5 flow smoothly into Number 6. This coaching staff can develop players, has them in shape, and has them playing hard.

7. Do y'all like rim protection and crashing the glass? Former HOFGM teams were often known for that so I know I do.
      This team at this way to early time shows a glimmer of hope in both areas.

After the upcoming tourney we should know more. So far, so good. The end? No way bay bay!
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Somebody from MSU needs to splain’ Ridgnal not being a double double man for them.

Comment

• Happy to be 2-0. There are some positives but also some glaring negatives. Thus far this is a very careless team in terms of taking care of the ball. The assists to turnover ratio has to improve. We were very careless with the ball last night. If they hit just 20% of their threes we would have lost.

Comment

• Listened to part of it driving home from my grandson's game. Sounded ugly. MK (always a homer) was unimpressed by the officials. We really need an announcement about Germany, something like, "he should be healthy in a week or so." Anything other than "he's not good enough to give us 5 minutes." Anyway, if the they can work like Rashard Kelly, people will come watch.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Oh, Happy Veterans day, thanks to all for their service, and we'll see everybody at the Cotillion tonight.

Comment

• The 3 assists from Ballard was extra icing on the black and yellow victory cake last night.
                  Last edited by forevershockerfan; November 10, 2023, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• 1. There is a different vibe this year. It's good. It's very good.
                    2. Good crowd last night. Active. We need more butts in seats, though.
                    3. This team works hard!
                    4. This team makes dumb mistakes.
                    5. HCPM has not been very animated so far. I'm a bit surprised.
                    6. Beverly can get to the rack.
                    7. Beverly tries to make impossible passes way too often.
                    8. Ballard. Stay healthy my man.
                    9. Ridgnal. What a motor.
                    10. Kenny. Please make your chip shots. Dude. You are right there.
                    11. XB. You are really good with your left hand 5 feet in.
                    12. Colby Cheese. Gotta get you at least 15 shots a game. Maybe more.
                    13. Abidde. I think you can be very good. Huge potential. So far so good. I'm impressed.
                    14. Diggin Shocker Sound!
                    15. Cheerleaders. Work on your arm strength. You need to get T Shirts further than row 6. Sheesh!
                    16. Huge improvement with quick scan at the gates.

Comment

• Ridgnal did all that while playing with a back injury.

Comment

• Paul Mills can coach, GREAT halftime adjustments and it appears players are developing from game to game. Can't wait to see what developes when he has a full recruiting class. We just have some holes to fill and more needed development. Really like what I have seen so far with the players he has.

Comment

• Mr. Beverly had me yelling out a mixture of 2 themes last night. Yes, Yes, Yes, and No, No, No. Worry not! I did the same on the 2 very long bomb makes that Mike Jones made to seal the deal versus KU in our Shockers victory at the BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS but the yes' were after the no's. Once he gets them turnovers down to a mild roar, he will be a smooth and solid contributor. He should be our leader in steals..

The Shocks were down at the half, but that didn't intimidate them. Colby got into foul trouble, but that didn't stop them. So far, they keep fighting through the elements. Yes I know. It's very early.

No injuries this Season please.
                          Last edited by forevershockerfan; November 10, 2023, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            The stat sheet on Go Shockers show Ballard with 3 assists, not 2.

Comment

• Our assist to turn over ratio will not improve if it’s one on one offense. At least our guys are athletic enough to do this. Go Shocks

Comment

• Doc...did not make it to the game after all....granddaughter birthday party...how could I forget? :) We will catch up!

Also...a question....with literally, 10,000 kids in the portal last year(and realizing he THOUGHT Cortes would be available)...how did the Shocks not find ONE pure point???

Comment

Working...
                                X