• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NIT Rules

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...rimental-rules

Absolute Junk

TLDR:
    Top 6 conference (ACC, BE, B12, B10, Pac (WTF!) and SEC) get a guaranteed 2 spots in the NIT AND both of those are hosting spots. Selected as the highest 2 NET teams that didn't make it.

Remaining 20 spots are selected by committee and 4 will be selected as hosts

So they basically have stopped hiding it's no longer a fair playing field. Regular season champs no longer get a guaranteed bid.

That is some bullshit.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

My gut reaction is from this point on if I am not in the big dance, I will politely decline to participate in the NIT, and then make a massive public stink about it when invited.

Though I might change my tune when the time comes, depending on potential moolah to be earned.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

$$$$ talks

Comment

Is there a lot of money in broadcasting 12-21 Nebraska against 14-19 Boston College?

Comment

I look forward to the Pac-2 getting an auto bid to the NCAA and also 2 guaranteed bids to the NIT

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
              Is there a lot of money in broadcasting 12-21 Nebraska against 14-19 Boston College?
              I agree with your point but still believe money made the difference for the rule in the first place.

Comment

Spoiler alert: this isn’t going to stop with the NIT. Better enjoy this year’s NCAA tournament format because it’s on its last legs.

Comment

Don't those leagues get 4-6 teams in the dance? Now at least 2 in the NIT?

Time to disband the NCAA and start a new Amateur Collegiate Athletics League. ACAL.

Comment

Hard pass on the NIT.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                      Don't those leagues get 4-6 teams in the dance? Now at least 2 in the NIT?

Time to disband the NCAA and start a new Amateur Collegiate Athletics League. ACAL.
                      4-6? Hell, there have been times when it’s a high single-digit number, if not a double digit number.
                      78-65

Comment

The ruining of college athletics is nearing completion.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Ought to be interesting to see how this decision works out. Gonna laugh my a$$ off when they get bottom feeders from so called power conferences.

Comment

NCAA is just Mafia now. The rest of the conferences are just the Washington Generals. There is no shame by the “Power” 5 or whatever and there is no pride in the rest of the conferences. Never play in the NIT. The Power 5 protection Racket is just out in the open! Just openly disgusting. Like taking a crap at the dinner table on Thanksgiving. Thank you sir. May we have another?

Comment

Why is there no protest of this by about 270 members?

Comment

Working...
                              X