Pic'em anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    What makes it a little challenging is that not all the sets of games include seven games. Therefore, that might need to affect how many points each set of games is worth.

Maybe…
    5-game sets = 10 points
    6-game sets = 12 points
    7-game sets = 14 points

That way, every game could theoretically still be worth two points if you play it straight. You just have to make that very clear on each set’s thread.
    Could also just do the "top" 5 games or maybe 5 closest projected games. Predicting Rice @ UTSA doesn't exactly sound super exciting
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

What makes it a little challenging is that not all the sets of games include seven games. Therefore, that might need to affect how many points each set of games is worth.

Maybe…
      5-game sets = 10 points
      6-game sets = 12 points
      7-game sets = 14 points

That way, every game could theoretically still be worth two points if you play it straight. You just have to make that very clear on each set’s thread.
      Could even take it week by week, sun-sat.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Could also just do the "top" 5 games or maybe 5 closest projected games. Predicting Rice @ UTSA doesn't exactly sound super exciting
        I like the 2 points available per game idea. Honestly pic'em makes me pay a bit more attention to Rice vs UTSA, so I like that aspect.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'm taking Rice for 4 points
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

So straight up, not against the spread?

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Could even take it week by week, sun-sat.
              If you do week-by-week, go Monday through Sunday.

But I think you can do two sets per week. Weeknights and Sat/Sun.

78-65

Comment

Maybe…
                5-game sets = 10 points
                6-game sets = 12 points
                7-game sets = 14 points

Good point. I've put together a potential schedule with 20 rounds. There is one round where we'd only have 4 games.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
                  So straight up, not against the spread?
                  I think against the spread would be fun but lines don't release until the day before a game is played which would be a nightmare for everyone to keep track of.

Comment

Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post

I think against the spread would be fun but lines don't release until the day before a game is played which would be a nightmare for everyone to keep track of.
                    I don't think the spread will matter as much as it might in other years. Seems like an MVC cluster-farkle of parity in this conference this season.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I don't think the spread will matter as much as it might in other years. Seems like an MVC cluster-farkle of parity in this conference this season.
                      Not a chance. The Shocks are going to run away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post

Good point. I've put together a potential schedule with 20 rounds. There is one round where we'd only have 4 games.
                        Maybe put the Rice/USF matchup that you have in Round 4 and put it in Round 3. Just a thought.
                        78-65

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. I've got the tracking spreadsheet created so we'll be good to go come the end of December.

Kung, let me know when you want me to make that first thread and we can go live.

Pick'em Schedule.jpg

Comment

Thanks for taking this on and organizing this WINGdingBALLfling
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 24, 2023, 01:30 PM.

Comment

This should be great fun again!

Comment

Working...
                              X