Pic'em anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic'em anyone?

We haven't done Pic'Em since we joined the AAC I don't believe. Anybody willing to run it?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

I nominate Stick

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      We haven't done Pic'Em since we joined the AAC I don't believe. Anybody willing to run it?
      I nominate reaper
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I’m in. I nominate SubGod to run it!

Comment

I nominate someone else to run it. And someone else to make picks for me.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I'd run it. In the past, it's been a confidence interval league if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
              I'd run it. In the past, it's been a confidence interval league if I remember correctly.
              Nice! I don't know what a "confidence interval league" is?

Comment

Nice! I don't know what a "confidence interval league" is?
                Looking back, for the 5 matchups you had 10 points to assign to the head-to-head matchups. I've copied rules from a past event that SumShocker ran:

"Same rules as in prior years: You get ten (10) points to play with for each set of Valley games. You must put at least one point but no more than 4 points on each game. Changes in predictions are allowed as long as they are made before tip off of the first game. I will keep score throughout the year. Join now! Late comers will be allowed but of course they will be behind on points for the year.

Once again we will have a regular season and a post season contest. To participate in the post season contest your final score must be one of the ten best point scores including ties. In the past this means several more than ten get to participate in the post season tournament contest. So if you get off to a poor start, don't give up! I will donate a $25 Outback Steakhouse gift card for the regular season contest. If you wish to donate a prize, please send me a PM. Let's continue the tradition of making our MVC Pick Em Contest the best! Many thanks to @tropicalshox for his time and effort in running the Contest in prior years.

This round's games (first one starts Wednesday, January 1st at 2:05 pm, Central time):

LOY @ INS
                BRAD @ UNI
                EVAN @ DRAKE
                ILS @ MSU
                WSU @ SIU

My picks:

INS 3
                UNI 1
                DRAKE 1
                MSU 1
                WSU 4

Add your picks to this thread.

Remember to have all your picks in before the tip off of the first game, or expect to receive no points for the set of games. Good luck!"

Comment

Ah yes, this is all coming back to me. This should be fun with the newly reorganized American conference.

Comment

We ought to create accounts on conference opponent's boards and invite them to play picem with us.

Comment

Any chance to pin the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                        Any chance to pin the thread?
                        Yeah I will once he posts the first one with rules.

Comment

Yeah I will once he posts the first one with rules.
                          Is it possible to create a sub forum where the only person that can make threads is WDBF? It would allow for a pinned thread with the points standings and require no searching for past threads.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Is it possible to create a sub forum where the only person that can make threads is WDBF? It would allow for a pinned thread with the points standings and require no searching for past threads.
                            I'll check on it some time early next week.

Comment

What makes it a little challenging is that not all the sets of games include seven games. Therefore, that might need to affect how many points each set of games is worth.

Maybe…
                              5-game sets = 10 points
                              6-game sets = 12 points
                              7-game sets = 14 points

That way, every game could theoretically still be worth two points if you play it straight. You just have to make that very clear on each set’s thread.
                              78-65

Comment

Working...
                              X