Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question...

Is Creighton a bad team that we played well against tonight?

Or is Creighton a good team that we went toe to toe with tonight?

Were we lucky tonight or have we shown we can play with anyone so far this season?

I think their record speaks for itself. They aren't going to win the conference probably (although they're still in the hunt), but they are (in my opinion) never a 'bad' team. Say what you want about Altman, he's a quality coach and he pretty much always has quality teams.

I think we went toe-to-toe with a decent basketball team. A young basketball team, but a solid one.

Comment

This is a capable team if they shoot about 45% and don't make stupid passes while jumping in the air with no-place to go in the final minute of a game.

Comment

What do you mean play with anyone? We have lost every home game in the Valley. We can not play with anyone. Whether you lose buy 30 or 5 a loss is still a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by mulligan
          We can not play with anyone.
          You didn't really mean that, did you? Of five MVC games, there was only one game we weren't in. And two of our four losses, while at home, were to teams that are a combined 10-0 in the Valley.

Comment

Dude we have lost too Monmouth, UMKC and not one win in the Valley. We can"t hold anyones jock strap right now. It would have been best for Turg to bolt to OU after the sweet sixteen run. Expect much of the same next year bro. Some teams reload (Korver, Funk, P'allen Stinnet). And we seem to rebuild.

Comment

Dude we have lost too Monmouth, UMKC and not one win in the Valley. We can"t hold anyones jock strap right now. It would have been best for Turg to bolt to OU after the sweet sixteen run. Expect much of the same next year bro. Some teams reload (Korver, Funk, P'allen Stinnet). And we seem to rebuild.
              I'm just gonna say that you have no clue what you're talking about...

Comment

Dude, you forgot about Bradley.

Comment

Royal, i ask you this. Is continually coming from 10 points down in a game competing? The story is much the same for the last year. We make a run from a large defict to lose at the end. Competing to me is back and forth lead changes. How many times did we have the lead in the game? Altman was in control the whole game. To me that is not competing.

Comment

Royal, i ask you this. Is continually coming from 10 points down in a game competing? The story is much the same for the last year. We make a run from a large defict to lose at the end. Competing to me is back and forth lead changes. How many times did we have the lead in the game? Altman was in control the whole game. To me that is not competing.
                    "The whole game"? :whistle:
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If you have a chance to win at the end, YOU ARE COMPETING.

Comment

11 ties, 14 lead changes. 9 CU, 5 WSU.

Average Deficit -2.9 pts.

I'm sure Altman felt in control when WSU held CU scoreless for 4 minutes to cut CU 12 point lead to tie the game up.

Comment

I have to agree about having a chance to win it at the end being 'in the game'. If the lead changes 15 times in the game, and ultimately you're down by 8 in the final 30 seconds, you AREN'T in the game.

The best is yet to come. And I'm not talking about this year. Remember...

MARSHALL'S RECRUITS next year. The gradual slope up in winning percentage will begin then. It wont' reach it's pinnacle, but it'll start then. This year is definately a transition year.

I'd love for this team to compete for the Valley title, but realistically, it just ain't happenin'.

Senior night will be sad though. Saying goodbye to PJ, Matt (and to a lesser extent Phil and Lance) will be tough. It will definately be the end of an era. But, a new era will then begin, and we'll have a whole new bunch of players to cheer for.

Comment

When will we be able to recruit someone like P'Allen Stinnett? The guy is a Freshman and plays like a Senior. Watching the recruiting, it seems like Creighton and SIU always get higher rated recruits than us, maybe that is why we can never beat them.

I know we have Hannah coming in next year at PG, but frankly, I have been a little disappointed in the level of play from the Juco players last few years compared to how they were advertised. It is almost like they are a half level below D-1 ball to me.

Comment

Snap, I understand your frustration. All recruits for the most part look better on paper than in person for the most part, especially when you NEED them.

Unless your team is in DIRE shape, most of the time if you are relying on newcomers to lead your team you are going to suffer through some rough patches.

Keep the faith. Times, they are a changing.

Comment

Working...
                              X