Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Have not been able to follow closely today but here were the starters. So I guessing HCPM largely took the same approach in this game as he did in the last game.

Update:

Looks like Kenny did get to play some today -- knocked down a couple of 3-pointers and looked confident doing it: I don't think Xavier played much if at all today.

Nice move and close out by Joy on the Shockers first possession of the 3rd quarter:

How about Kenny going 3/4th of the length of the court and finish the breakout with a euro-step.

Nice work on the offensive board by Dalen:

Another 3-ball for Kenny, this one a corner shot:

Another move we have not seen a lot of from Kenny:

More evidence that a waiver probably won't be coming for RD3:

Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 9, 2023, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• This play right here gives me hope that Ballard can actually be a contributor this year

Comment

• i hope the guys had a great time and experience in Greece and hope they have a safe and uneventful return to Wichita.

From what I have seen it looks to me like this team either has or is is on its way to having pretty good team chemistry.

Comment

• I remember during the 2018-19 season I was never too concerned with the early miscues because I knew fHCGM would get things rolling as time passed. I have the same feeling about HCPM with this group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              This play right here gives me hope that Ballard can actually be a contributor this year
              Impressive even in stop action:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                We're actually going to be really good again. Might take a year or two, but it's gonna happen.
                Might end up BETTER as a program, as hard as that is to believe. Maybe not any final fours, but as a whole.
                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Taylors story for game 3, 8/9/23

Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

1. “Ευχαριστώ Ελλάδα” (Greek) in English is
                      Thank you Greece
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 12, 2023, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• It remains to be seen how good of a player Joy will be but like what I am seeing so far. And I don't think their are many guards that will bully him. As I said before. Reminds me somewhat of Jamarius Burton. Hope he stays a Shocker for his full college career.

Comment

• He is a strong looking young man. Go Shocks

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          It remains to be seen how good of a player Joy will be but like what I am seeing so far. And I don't think their are many guards that will bully him. As I said before. Reminds me somewhat of Jamarius Burton. Hope he stays a Shocker for his full college career.

Most definitely would be happy if the kid is a JB clone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Most definitely would be happy if the kid is a JB clone.
                            I hope for a playing clone, but hope Joy doesn’t have a personality to get locked into a ME first (Grant Sherfield type) PG power struggle when JB’s basketball playing strength wasn’t really at PG anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I hope for a playing clone, but hope Joy doesn’t have a personality to get locked into a ME first (Grant Sherfield type) PG power struggle when JB’s basketball playing strength wasn’t really at PG anyway.
                              HCPM doesn't use a PG right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

HCPM doesn't use a PG right?
                                Some of the Greece clips and some of Mills' comments indicate there will be primary ball handlers who are responsible for getting the ball into play, but that may not be the point of initiating the offense.

In Greece, both Pohto and Ballard were used at the FT line to initiate the offense. Ballard would pass and screen for a drive with a possible kickout to a 3 shooter. Pohto was used the same plus pick-n-pop plus drive to the hoop.

Marshall's and IB's offenses had become pretty easy to defend. Mills runs offenses that are less predictable.

Drive and dunk or dish has been how opponents beat us ever since we got into the AAC. Players love the opportunity to drive and dunk, or if they're cut off, feed a teammate who either getr a dunk off penetration or an open 3.

That's not an offense we've seen in the Marshall era. It's an offense that players love.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X