Creighton In-Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by proshox
    ...Finally note, Phil missed a pass to Mantas which would have been a dunk before Gal got the ball with 13 seconds left on the clock. If the pass is made we are not talking about Gal...
    When Phil got that ball and I saw them come with the double down the backside was wide wide wide wide open. Both Hatch and Mantas were ready to cut down the lane. That's one of the disadvantages of basically playing the 5 at 6'7". If he would have seen that you are right that Gal wouldn't have had a chance to make the poor decision he did.

Comment

• On the last play of the game - Both hatch and gal ran the same motion on opposite sides of the court attempting to utilize screens from Phil and Mantas. Phil did not set a strong screen for Gal which killed the play to that side of the floor. Mantas set a strong screen for Hatch and it he would have had a good look, but the passing angle from PJ to Hatch may have made it very high risk. oh well - go shox "Road Warrior Time"

Comment

• I just want to point out that I like Phil. I really wish he could play the 4 for us. I'd like to see him drive more from the top of the 3 point line when teams are playing man to man. He has a very good left hand. I don't there are many centers in the Valley who can stay with him without commiting a foul.

Comment

• Originally posted by dregn
          I just want to point out that I like Phil.
          I just want to point out that we suck, but let's keep fighting the good fight and maybe the 6th man (fans) can win one at home for the boyz.

Comment

• I think Phil has been doing pretty good, he is a 5 in a 4's body. We tend to think of him as a 4, but he is not especially good at shots in the 3-8 foot range, and as a 4 would be coming over the top to try to rebound. As a 5, he is already in position, and he jumps real well. If he was 2-3 inches taller, he would be much more dominant under the basket.

We are greatly lacking in offensive sets sometimes, and especially when time is short. We may have a plan, but if the opponent reacts differently than expected, we fail to have a backup contingency plan that works.

If Gal the only one that can dribble penetrate, and kick it back out to an open player??? I was under the impression that the 2 and 3 man should be in on this too???

Comment

• Phil, RC, Matt, and Gal have been playing as hard as anyone in shocker uniform in recent years despite the lack of success. The first two have one battles under the basket that have been amazing.

Comment

Working...
              X