No announcement yet.

This place.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This place and excitement for all that it represents is...........on life support. The last 3.5 years has effectively killed all enthusiasm - especially lately.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
      This place and excitement for all that it represents is...........on life support. The last 3.5 years has effectively killed all enthusiasm - especially lately.
      Imo enthusiasm ramped up this last 6 months as we’ve found out IB getting fired and about Mills. But it’s completely died as there’s ZERO news getting out. I wish Mills gave Eldridge something to work with. Excitement about the program is too important, and I live for his articles. Right now there’s absolutely nothing, and it kills me

Comment

I don't know where to put this, but since this thread is practically begging for topics of discussion, I will add it here.

"Something just occurred to me." (Inside joke with Doc). I realized that it might be a bit before we see another 1,000 point scorer at WSU. Unless a player is a volume scorer over two seasons (15ppg for 67 games is 1,005), a guy will have to stay three seasons to get to that threshold. Granted, if HCPM is more of an offensive-minded coach, it is more possible than it would have been for a defensive-minded coach like 3G.
        78-65

Comment

If this is an indication of how Mills is gonna guard news going forward, he will kill this fanbase

Comment

This administration and coaching staff need to realize that they aren't dealing with a Murray State - ORU - SMS type of university. Not too long ago - WSU was a national powerhouse in multiple sports with a national fan base.

The excitement level is slightly above those universities right now and still headed south.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              If this is an indication of how Mills is gonna guard news going forward, he will kill this fanbase
              This was a complaint from the ORU fanbase too from what I read on their forums.

Comment

I've got a wait and see attitude about the "product" the Coaches and players put on the floor, but, man, somebody tell Coach this is depressing. Have to engage your audience a bit if you want to keep their attention. Throw them a bone or a ball once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                  I've got a wait and see attitude about the "product" the Coaches and players put on the floor, but, man, somebody tell Coach this is depressing. Have to engage your audience a bit if you want to keep their attention. Throw them a bone or a ball once in a while.

This has always been a dead period. Only time it wasn't was when there were shockernetters willing to go watch practice and provide practice reports.

Comment

This was typically a period when Taylor would write articles on new players to let us get to know them a little bit before the season started. Not this year.

Comment

Maybe Eldridge was a little too good at drawing up and analyzing WSU's plays and how they broke down and how opponents blew them up.

I don't think he did that when 3G was coaching. 3G was adamant about not letting opponents use the Net to do any part of scouting the Shox. IB seems to have let Eldridge do anything he wanted. That may have spoiled us and Mills may have shut that down.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

“This place…..” is kinda like this place…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

There's been little excitement since IB was let go.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            Maybe Eldridge was a little too good at drawing up and analyzing WSU's plays and how they broke down and how opponents blew them up.

I don't think he did that when 3G was coaching. 3G was adamant about not letting opponents use the Net to do any part of scouting the Shox. IB seems to have let Eldridge do anything he wanted. That may have spoiled us and Mills may have shut that down.

So Mills is Neegan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              This...

Comment

We are a bunch of entitled brats that need constant coddling and reassurance of our sports teams. Winning will fix that.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X