Mills Announces 10-Day Greek Exhibition Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

One quote stood out to me. PM said a player commented "these are the hardest practices I have ever been involved in". PM said I thought we were taking it pretty easy on them.

If a returning player said that, well ... it definitely explains a few things and confirms what many suspected.
    This but also all the players talking about how using data and analytics was new to them was also pretty eye opening.

Comment

Mills seems to have the same attitude about hard practices as Marshall.

Edited to remove comment that caused a reaction.
      Last edited by Aargh; August 25, 2023, 03:43 PM.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

That seems slightly over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

This but also all the players talking about how using data and analytics was new to them was also pretty eye opening.
          Yea I know its all about 'Ws' and 'Ls' and couple years from now, who knows.
          But still just SMH about those on here who were saying "Who?" "What?" "Him?" and other non complimentary comments when he was hired.
          Said it then and again now, right guy at the right time for the job.

It sucked the last couple years when you do not have confidence in the Captain of the ship. It was more like a ship without a rudder.

This guy has had top tier training, understands today players, the game and is well connected to those who can and will support him.
          Very interested to watch this team in person while enjoying the warm temps in Carolina come November.

That is all.
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Mills seems kinda cheesy but I do like his approach to coaching so far and his assistants seem to be top notch.

Comment

Hopefully the players will get to where they understand that all that data and analytics is how the professional game is handled. Like with so many things, the higher up you go, the more the level of talent evens out. Then the grind of preparation and attention to detail becomes the separator.

I certainly experienced that as a freshman music student at WSU. I quickly realized "Oh, ****, everyone here is as good or better than me!" I then learned that I needed to put in much more serious work at my craft than I had ever done in high school. Reaped the rewards too, as I was selected to the 1989 All-American College Orchestra at Epcot, and spent the literal best summer ever there in 1989. 3 shows a night, five nights a week, new music pretty much every week, guest artists, it was an amazing dip into the professional musician world. And a bunch of talented college kids gathered for a summer? I'm getting a hangover just thinking about. If I could put that summer on loop forever, I would be one happy camper.

So I hope our young guys lean into those tough practices and prep work. Embrace the suck and sharpen the steel.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  That would have been my best friend in 1986, the last year of the WSUMB. He was the last WSU drum major. I can't remember if he did that in his entrance routine or not, but he did enter with the high kick from the end zone to the 50. Below would have been my bunch:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

That could have been me, except I would hold the damn thing correctly. But if it landed me a cutie like Alyson Hannigan, I'd happily act like a dork. And those girls that play flute, yeah, some of them definitely know how to get their (and your) freak on...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                        Hopefully the players will get to where they understand that all that data and analytics is how the professional game is handled. Like with so many things, the higher up you go, the more the level of talent evens out. Then the grind of preparation and attention to detail becomes the separator.

I certainly experienced that as a freshman music student at WSU. I quickly realized "Oh, ****, everyone here is as good or better than me!" I then learned that I needed to put in much more serious work at my craft than I had ever done in high school. Reaped the rewards too, as I was selected to the 1989 All-American College Orchestra at Epcot, and spent the literal best summer ever there in 1989. 3 shows a night, five nights a week, new music pretty much every week, guest artists, it was an amazing dip into the professional musician world. And a bunch of talented college kids gathered for a summer? I'm getting a hangover just thinking about. If I could put that summer on loop forever, I would be one happy camper.

So I hope our young guys lean into those tough practices and prep work. Embrace the suck and sharpen the steel.
                        My kid went to the Berklee 5 week program this summer. She loved being around that many musicians and playing as much as she could handle. Fun experience for music nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Yea I know its all about 'Ws' and 'Ls' and couple years from now, who knows.
                          But still just SMH about those on here who were saying "Who?" "What?" "Him?" and other non complimentary comments when he was hired.
                          Said it then and again now, right guy at the right time for the job.

It sucked the last couple years when you do not have confidence in the Captain of the ship. It was more like a ship without a rudder.

This guy has had top tier training, understands today players, the game and is well connected to those who can and will support him.
                          Very interested to watch this team in person while enjoying the warm temps in Carolina come November.

That is all.
                          Still looks goofy. Had nowhere near the national interest of a Gregg Marshall. If he turns out to be good, it will be a lucky (ERRRRRR MaStUrFuL) hire.

We really didn't have a lot of options (or brains) at the time. Boathead was only supposed to be a "finger on the wheel" while HCGM was busy taking WICHITA to new national heights.

Once Gregg left the building, we were left strategically naked with Boat, as evidenced by the hiring of an unproven assistant... SMMFH.

"Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it." I guess everybody has already forgotten the 90's. I sure haven't.

Comment

Working...
                          X