No announcement yet.

Black and Yellow Gala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a hard time believing that this one, singular event, is going to raise more money than the multiple individual events. Perhaps I'm wrong, but if I were a big money person I think I'd rather participate in the individual events focused on certain teams than one big conglomerate.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

A rising tide raises all boats.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Perhaps I'm wrong, but if I were a big money person I think I'd rather participate in the individual events focused on certain teams than one big conglomerate.
        You wouldn't.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You wouldn't.
          I can't speak for the actual big money people, but I absolutely would rather attend individual events focused on the few programs I'm passionate about than one big event with a bunch of distractions. But I may be wired differently.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I can't speak for the actual big money people, but I absolutely would rather attend individual events focused on the few programs I'm passionate about than one big event with a bunch of distractions.
            They have other charities they also attend outside of WSU, so they are selective.

Donor fatigue is real.

Example: Zoobilee >>> one event for the gorilla exhibit, a different one for the elephant exhibit, and so on. Large donors that have made massive contributions to the zoo for specific exhibits love Zoobilee.

Comment

They have other charities they also attend outside of WSU, so they are selective.

Donor fatigue is real.

Example: Zoobilee >>> one event for the gorilla exhibit, a different one for the elephant exhibit, and so on. Large donors that have made massive contributions to the zoo for specific exhibits love Zoobilee.
              This is a great example of why. Well done.

Comment

I probably won't attend the Black and Gold Gala but, thanks to the talents of my better half, I do have a way to contribute via a donation to the auction. Not sure how much $ it will attract but it is pretty unique and I can safely say a one of a kind at this point. 436 pieces of fabric, plus the batting, backing and edge binding sewn and quilted.

Admittedly, my wife is not a professional quilter, in fact, she just started making these in the past year. She also made themed quilts for Pretty Prairie High School, KU and KSU that my daughter wanted to raise funds for the Pretty Prairie football team. This Shocker themed quilt was going to be part of that, but it came out so good I nixed that. Thought we could raise the most funds at the Shocker Volleyball Dinner and Auction. This quilt really is, IMO, an eye-catcher and the on-point log cabin design has a 3-D effect.

I am hoping it will catch the eye of a few well-heeled fans who really would like to take it home and are willing to bid it up..

Shocker Quilt - Finished.jpegShocker Quilt - Block Close Up.jpg

Comment

That's badass!

Comment

That's badass!
                    I thought so, but I am a bit biased. If she can find the time she might put together a set of quilted ​Shocker placemats and microwave bowl cozies that would look something like this:

20230206_192938.jpg20230601_183736 (002).jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      I know they are consolidating the fundraising to one big bash; which could turn out to be the event of the year in town (time will tell).

Would that stop individual teams from hosting something like a “Donor/Supporter Appreciation Dinner/Night”?

Where each program can invite their top boosters as a “thank you” for your support and if they just happen to donate $$$ to the program at said dinner, then that’s just a bonus?

That could be a way to have their big gala and each program can make their specific contributors feel special.
                      posted in the Saal thread, but fits into the discussion here as well.
                      The Assman

Comment

It takes a whole lot of effort and manpower to coordinate a fund raiser like this. If you have 3-5 different groups all trying to raise money for their own interist group it has a negative impact on those that are asked to donate to the numerous auctions. One of the best at getting donations for Rockin the Roundhouse was the wife of a friend of mine but she no longer does this type of thing because of burnout as I was told.

Comment

Kevin Saal was hired to fix a bleeding athletic department. You don’t do this by keeping the status quo. Give the man a chance to implement a new strategy before you try to run him out of town.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Kevin Saal was hired to fix a bleeding athletic department. You don’t do this by keeping the status quo. Give the man a chance to implement a new strategy before you try to run him out of town.
                            Agreed. There may be other reasons to run him out, but this isn't one of them. If you want to support the individual programs, there are still a couple ways to do that, including NIL money.

Comment

I don’t get out much anymore… never heard of them?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                I don’t get out much anymore… never heard of them?

Comment

Working...
                                X