Recruits in the Weight Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruits in the Weight Room

From Suellentrop's article in the Eagle today, http://www.kansas.com/2012/06/21/238...newcomers.html

Green has gained 5 pounds to 195 pounds since he's been here and wants to get up to 210 pounds by the end of summer.

Wiggins has also gained 5 pounds to 187 and wants to get up to 200.

Early weighs 214 and wants to gain another 10 pounds.

VanVleet weighs 190 pounds and may or may not need to gain any weight.
    Last edited by 1979Shocker; June 23, 2012, 02:07 AM.

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    VanVleet weighs 190 pounds and may or may not need to gain any weight.
    That's actually a lot more "solid" than I thought he was. He might be "RET TO GO"!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

"Four newcomers are here, with as many as three expected later this summer."

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/06/21/238...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        "Four newcomers are here, with as many as three expected later this summer."

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/06/21/238...#storylink=cpy
        Pin, are you serious?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I have a feeling that FVV will look like Joe by the end of his career.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Here's a thought...might be a stretch. Maybe of the three who aren't here, a couple are figuring out if they can do it if not on scholarship. I know it could be clearinghouse for two if them, but maybe a guy like lufile got told he would be one of the guys without one if he comes. It will be awesome if somehow we get everyone

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
              Here's a thought...might be a stretch. Maybe of the three who aren't here, a couple are figuring out if they can do it if not on scholarship. I know it could be clearinghouse for two if them, but maybe a guy like lufile got told he would be one of the guys without one if he comes. It will be awesome if somehow we get everyone
              I'd call it a stretch. If for no other reason, the fact that we're thin in post depth and that's what he'd bring. I don't think you'd jeopardize that by doing what you presented. Could someone else have been asked to give up a 'ship if need be? Absolutely
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Lufile is coming

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  He already weighs 5 more pounds and the dude from Chicago said he's at least 6' even though ESPN lists him at 5'11". I'm thinking more like Mario Chalmers. HAHAH!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    He already weighs 5 more pounds and the dude from Chicago said he's at least 6' even though ESPN lists him at 5'11". I'm thinking more like Mario Chalmers. HAHAH!
                    Maybe like mario but with class and style.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      Maybe like mario but with class and style.
                      Right, we already know he is a better judge of character and a better decision maker. :)

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                        My feeling is that FVV will look like FVV by the end of his career.

Comment

we want Fred to be better then Joe, and that is not a knock on Joe by any means!!

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                            we want Fred to be better then Joe, and that is not a knock on Joe by any means!!
                            Chill people. He said look like, not play like. Joe ended up being a pretty well put together young man. That's all he was saying.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

1st class advice and mentoring...

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              That's actually a lot more "solid" than I thought he was. He might be "RET TO GO"!
                              (His advice is:) "If you work hard and do your job you won’t have to worry about getting yelled at too much. Do what you’re supposed to do. Limit mistakes. If you go in there and try to do it your way, or do it how you want to do it, it’s going to get ugly, and it’s going to get ugly real fast."

Read more here: http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/2...#storylink=cpy

Like there was ever any doubt who is in charge.

Sounds like Mr. Armstead is not only leading by example, but distributing first class advice.

FVV seems to be a fast learner and understanding how the Man wants things done is in his (and the teams) best interest.
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                              X