• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

From Coach's comments, it sounded like he felt like the commitment from Dana (considering that Coach Marshall has had a relationship with him for several years as a grad asst., and asst. coach and he probably went to bat for him on every job in Jr. College and at TSU) to stay 2 years and leaving early bothered him more than Dollar. Maybe a tad disloyal for just a little more money and not much more if any prestige.

Comment

I know I'm old school.......maybe Dana would have had another chance to go to Illinois State (he probably would have), we cannot be certain, but we know right now that Dana is not a man of his word, and he never gets another chance to change that. That's gone forever.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Listened to Coach's interview on Bruce and Bob. Coach insisted that he has always had all assistants give him their word that they will stay 2 full seasons. After that he will support any move they make. In his coaching career, only two assistants failed to follow through with the agreement. Chad Dollar did not live up to his word and neither did Dana. Very, very touchy subject. Coach very miffed. I suspect Dennis was correct in that from here foreward, his assistants will have either a non-compete or a buy-out, our both, but that is just speculation on my part.
          Wow. Coach's blessing isn't a necessity, but you couple Ford's decision with the fact it was done intraconference, and you have to question Ford's decision making in this early stage of his career.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Aside from the morality of it, this could easily be used against him in recruiting. Also, coach mentioned that Dana told him originally that he was not going, would not accept the offer, but later changed his mind (for whatever reason). Bruce and Bob were so taken aback by the frankness of HCGM, that they never even followed up with any questions about Dana's replacement, whether there was a short list, etc.

Comment

I think the word you may be looking for would be integrity and maybe not morality. But I agree with you that his word and integrity is gone but I don't think you have to be old school to believe that. If B&B were indeed taken back by HCGM's frankness then it must have been also the tone in his voice that gave them pause.

Comment

I was quite surprised at coach's candor. He made the distinction of Coach Dollar leaving for a BCS job in his hometown, and Coach Ford leaving for a similar job in conference.

I'm sure some of the frustration comes from losing a "future star" as Coach refers to him, as well as the feeling of disloyalty.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                  I was quite surprised at coach's candor. He made the distinction of Coach Dollar leaving for a BCS job in his hometown, and Coach Ford leaving for a similar job in conference.

I'm sure some of the frustration comes from losing a "future star" as Coach refers to him, as well as the feeling of disloyalty.
                  I think that Marshall trusted Ford when he said that he'd be here for 2 years because of their past mutual relationship.

Comment

"There's probably a little more to the story than we know, but, you know, good luck to him. Now we just gotta try to whip him a couple times a year".

Gotta love Coach Marshall.....and I mean big time man love for 3G. If everyone had his heart and fight, we'd have about 99% fewer problems in general.

Comment

Some people just can't handle working next to a guy making over a million and a half dollaz a year...

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                        Some people just can't handle working next to a guy making over a million and a half dollaz a year...

T

...:cool:
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Now, we don't know the whole story, but don't forget that Chad went home and Dana went to his Alma Mater.

Its a tough business, and we should remember that. Its not for everyone, and who knows when your bubble will burst.

I'm thankful for all Coach Ford and Coach Dollar contributed to the program, and wish them well.

Once a Shocker, always a Shocker.

Comment

Boy, I dunno. We do know they went back on their word. We know that.

Comment

I can certainly understand 3G being upset with Dana as I'm sure 3G values loyalty and integrity. OTOH, not sure it is a huge deal in the long run and if Dana's heart and soul were not 100% fully engaged in Shocker basketball then maybe it is just as well he moved on. I suppose the worst thing about it is that Dana is going to a conference opponent with a lot of inside knowledge on 3G's system.

No doubt 3G was not planning on having to deal with finding another staff member at this time but I have no doubt he will rise to the occasion and find a quality replacement.

Comment

I understand what @Mrclove4 has said in his post about FVV, but I wonder if or how much damage control may have been needed by HCGM. Hopefully, none for FVV or any other recruit. My concern over the remarks by HCGM, and the way they were expressed, is directed to the fact that Ford not only left after one year, but to another Valley school, and, not for any other reasons. I guess time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X