Shocker Facebook groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another gem by Eckles is
    Welp we see the difference between Memphis and WSU! All you naysayers that said Penny couldn't coach are same ones that drove a Coach that was named AAC coach of the Year away!
    Penny beat the number one team in the nation for the conference championship and you cats have nothing to say!
    You are going to regret the day you drove off the coach who helped recruit Council, Porter, Reeves, Sherfield etc...
    If you had stayed with him he would have accomplished everything Penny did today and more! Mark my words!
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
      Another unfiltered (guy has an agenda against ADKS) :

Wichita State could’ve beat Florida but lack of AD and coaching connections. Staff and AD matters. Is Saal the right guy?

And he continues...

In simplicity. Wichita State should’ve had better schools to play against during the season. Now these better schools are being destroyed by schools Wichita State beat handsomely. UCF vs. UF by 18pts in the NIT. Usually AD connections brings in major schools as well as coaching relationships. Due to Murray State being so small, can the AD bring in school worth competing with.
      Fisher is a moron with an agenda. He thinks he is a big shot and has all kinds of inside knowledge and yet demonstrates time and time again he is clueless.

Comment

The shocker faithful is lead by some of those who’ve been in the front row of the student section for 10+ years. I can only imagine how may classes they have “audited” Patty also used to be a massive contributor to that page.

Comment

Those groups are what happens when a collective of ignorant people come together who also have no tolerance for those with differing opinions or facts that disagree with their narrative.

It's the classic echo-chamber.

Comment

From Shocker Unfiltered:

Bad vibes that we’ve hired a firm. Not so much that a firm is a bad idea, but for 60k with low funds it causes some doubt the AD really does have a plan besides IB had to go for benefit of program. To me at least….

Talk about washing your hands of accountability
            Paying someone else to do the biggest part of your job. City of Wichita. Consultant hiring capital of the world. LOL
            Experts/conventional "wisdom" almost always wrong

There are folks that counter that sillinesss.

Comment

This might be the most unifying thing to happen to this board since the undefeated season. Keep it up SN!
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                This might be the most unifying thing to happen to this board since the undefeated season. Keep it up SN!
                It's true! They are a good reminder of how many ignorant people with completely unfounded beliefs we share this world with.

As I have mentioned before there are a lot of very intelligent people on this board. Even when arguing with someone on here, I usually
                realize their opinion is worthy even though different from my own.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  From Shocker Unfiltered:

Bad vibes that we’ve hired a firm. Not so much that a firm is a bad idea, but for 60k with low funds it causes some doubt the AD really does have a plan besides IB had to go for benefit of program. To me at least….

Talk about washing your hands of accountability
                  Paying someone else to do the biggest part of your job. City of Wichita. Consultant hiring capital of the world. LOL
                  Experts/conventional "wisdom" almost always wrong

There are folks that counter that sillinesss.
                  These people really do not know how the real world works.My goodness this is scary. As someone pointed out in another thread, these firms are used across the board for major hires not just in the sports world. I deal with companies big and small who hire firms to help them find and / or evaluate potential candidates for high level positions within organizations. Very very common. And $60K is not that high of a figure to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

These people really do not know how the real world works.My goodness this is scary. As someone pointed out in another thread, these firms are used across the board for major hires not just in the sports world. I deal with companies big and small who hire firms to help them find and / or evaluate potential candidates for high level positions within organizations. Very very common. And $60K is not that high of a figure to be honest.
                    60k is roughly 3 weeks pay for IB.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I had to leave Shocker Faithful. I'm convinced those people are more about feelings than winning. Shockers could be 0-30 and they would still be sunshine pumping.

"I know this has been a tough year but another offseason of practice and the guys being together will pay dividends. IBelieve in a turnaround #Shockerup."

Comment

You think about it and it is probably 100 people total on three boards that do most of the amplified posting and liking. Probably 25% of those like the Fisher mo-ron have a personal agenda against someone, which leaves 75 out of a fan base of probably 15-20,000 people. That isn’t real life, folks.

Comment

When Reuben played football at WSU he was one of my favorite players. He transferred to ku when we dropped football. He has since become a man of God and a social activist Tried to engage him in a conversation about life after WSU and got the feeling from him that he really didn’t care to be engaged in anything with me

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            When Reuben played football at WSU he was one of my favorite players. He transferred to ku when we dropped football. He has since become a man of God and a social activist Tried to engage him in a conversation about life after WSU and got the feeling from him that he really didn’t care to be engaged in anything with me
                            He had graduated by the time we dropped football. You may be thinking of Normore.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              Reuben played from 1980-1983. He was a key player on the 1983 team that went 8-3.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

It's true! They are a good reminder of how many ignorant people with completely unfounded beliefs we share this world with.

As I have mentioned before there are a lot of very intelligent people on this board. Even when arguing with someone on here, I usually
                                realize their opinion is worthy even though different from my own.
                                Checks in the mail!

Comment

Working...
                                X