Shocker Facebook groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the group with ridiculously long name:

I want to play devil's advocate for a minute. Back when WSU was looking for a coach then KU coach Roy Williams reached and suggested Matt Dougherty. Admin said (heresay) said we don't want nothing to do with KU but somehow we ended up with Mark Turgeon (KU). So I ask why hasn't the name Norm Roberts or Curtis Townsend came up on the radar? Is it we still don't want nothing to do with KU?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

I want to play devil's advocate for a minute. Back when WSU was looking for a coach then KU coach Roy Williams reached and suggested Matt Dougherty. Admin said (heresay) said we don't want nothing to do with KU but somehow we ended up with Mark Turgeon (KU). So I ask why hasn't the name Norm Roberts or Curtis Townsend came up on the radar? Is it we still don't want nothing to do with KU?
      I’m getting dumber reading these, but keep ‘em coming. Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne would be proud.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I can’t imagine how bad it is. Are there normal posters on there too? Anyone try to help steer them to a more logical view?

Comment

Unfiltered:

Cheese Lynbert Johnson, Cliff Livingston, Antwan Carr, Cal Bruton, Xavier McDaniel, Steve Woodberry are some names to consider for our new coach!

Comment

Another unfiltered (guy has an agenda against ADKS) :

Wichita State could’ve beat Florida but lack of AD and coaching connections. Staff and AD matters. Is Saal the right guy?

And he continues...

In simplicity. Wichita State should’ve had better schools to play against during the season. Now these better schools are being destroyed by schools Wichita State beat handsomely. UCF vs. UF by 18pts in the NIT. Usually AD connections brings in major schools as well as coaching relationships. Due to Murray State being so small, can the AD bring in school worth competing with.
            Last edited by BostonWu; March 16, 2023, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Snacks? Somebody wants Snacks? How to invite an NCAA investigation 101.

Comment

The Shocker Unfiltered group doesn’t bother me too much…but The Shocker Faithful is just so clueless most of the time and nauseating. I don’t think some of those folks live in the real world.
                Last edited by Singeril; March 16, 2023, 11:17 PM.

Comment

I had to leave The Shocker Faithful because even the slightest suggestion that players had areas where improvement was needed was considered too negative. I have connections to some of The Faithful. They don't understand that money controls EVERYTHING in revenue-producing sports and they don't like it. They like the "student" part of "student-athlete".

I pointed out to one (who was upset that IB got fired) that NIL money started showing up after he was gone. Response? "If the donors control things like who the coach is, then I don't want anything to do with Shocker basketball". I'm confident there's a lot of agreement with Lefler's "IB deserved better" editorial.

I got the impression they wanted to think of the players as if they were their kids. So, if IB was "nice" to the players, then he should have been kept as the coach. They are REALLY not going to like the environment with NIL and the portal.

One I talked to hoped that TP graduated. I commented that with 5 years he certainly should have. Response? "With all those transfers he may have had a lot of credits that didn't transfer". She was right.

I doubt that players at TP's level care if they graduate. They're going to make good $$ in international ball and can always finish up their degrees in the off season. They certainly aren't likely to earn more with a degree than playing internationally after they graduate.

Unfortunately, some of The Faithful will stop renewing their season tickets because they don't like the direction the program is headed. They would accept mediocre results as long as the players are happy, treated nicely, and never criticized. Unfortunately the players will not accept mediocre results and the top players will always leave after mediocre seasons.

The current basketball environment is "win or die". TSF group is blissfully unaware of that.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I was in the Shocker Faithful for about 10 mins. Apparently my first post was not the right fit.

I said that we have good players, but no system for them to develop in. Need coaches to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      I had to leave The Shocker Faithful because even the slightest suggestion that players had areas where improvement was needed was considered too negative. I have connections to some of The Faithful. They don't understand that money controls EVERYTHING in revenue-producing sports and they don't like it. They like the "student" part of "student-athlete".

I pointed out to one (who was upset that IB got fired) that NIL money started showing up after he was gone. Response? "If the donors control things like who the coach is, then I don't want anything to do with Shocker basketball". I'm confident there's a lot of agreement with Lefler's "IB deserved better" editorial.

I got the impression they wanted to think of the players as if they were their kids. So, if IB was "nice" to the players, then he should have been kept as the coach. They are REALLY not going to like the environment with NIL and the portal.

One I talked to hoped that TP graduated. I commented that with 5 years he certainly should have. Response? "With all those transfers he may have had a lot of credits that didn't transfer". She was right.

I doubt that players at TP's level care if they graduate. They're going to make good $$ in international ball and can always finish up their degrees in the off season. They certainly aren't likely to earn more with a degree than playing internationally after they graduate.

Unfortunately, some of The Faithful will stop renewing their season tickets because they don't like the direction the program is headed. They would accept mediocre results as long as the players are happy, treated nicely, and never criticized. Unfortunately the players will not accept mediocre results and the top players will always leave after mediocre seasons.

The current basketball environment is "win or die". TSF group is blissfully unaware of that.
                      Very good depiction. Safe to say they have no clue what it takes to field a good high major program. Extremely naive individuals that at times cross the line and get too close to the players. It's really creepy. Makes me wonder what the players think when dumpy coogs are chasing their number.

Comment

What really kills me is how someone always has to blame the school or former AD for NIL issues. Don’t get me wrong, they didn’t HELP anything but the school literally is not allowed to have anything to with NIL so I’m not entirely sure what people what to have happen. They’ve just heard someone make that excuse before and they just regurgitate the same argument over and over

Comment

Reading those posts….. literally the first time in my life I’ve been embarrassed of my Alma Mater. I’m sure other universities have those people too but I just can’t stand to look squarely at it.

Comment

Anybody who uses exclamation points instead of periods when typing sentences automatically gets docked 25 IQ points in my book.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Can this daily thread please replace the history daily threads? Like ASAP?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I will start.

TODAY IN THE SHOCKER FAITHFUL

Overreact much?? And it is P-O-H-T-O
                                That would be Ottawa Roughriders legend Reuben Eckles.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X