No announcement yet.

Who Has Time To Work - NCAA Tournament Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm rooting for Whale's Vagina State, then FAU, Miami, UCONN.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Now if you really want to see insufferable, check out the Phog. A bunch of people griping about UConn possibly getting one more natty than the Jayhawks, griping because of a lack of "bluebloods" in the final four surely is ruining their tourney. They are opining that there won't be any fans in Houston and since Kansas and the other "bluebloods" are out, ratings surely will suck. Those are the type of people I like to troll. And Missouri State fans.
      Has anyone seen Bill Self since his health scare? I know what KU has released, but has anyone actually seen him?

Comment

• I'm rooting for:

1. Florida Atlantic
        2. San Diego State
        3. Miami
        4. Connecticut

Comment

• I like your list but I'd switch UCONN and Miami around. Miami appears to be 100% bought by the new system. Totally legal but just kinda dirty.

Comment

• I won't watch a FAU vs San Diego State on a Thursday night much less in the National Champonship game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcatmo21 View Post
              I won't watch a FAU vs San Diego State on a Thursday night much less in the National Champonship game.
              Why not? They’re both great stories and two really good teams.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I won't watch a FAU vs San Diego State on a Thursday night much less in the National Champonship game.
                What do you have against those two teams?

Comment

• Not that it matters, and its probably a lot like professional cycling, in that everyone is probably cheating, but not everyone got caught, but there is no universe where I can root for Miami so long as that guy is the coach. Not a fan of Hurley in any way shape or form, though they seem to be playing well. So I guess I'm rooting for one of the other two teams, again, not that it matters. I don't even remember the last championship game I watched. If I had to guess, it was Keith Smart hitting the game winner for Indiana. Don't know why, I've just never been a fan of the pomp and circumstance surrounding the final game.

Comment

They are really stepping out of their mid-major lane, aren't they?

Comment

• This is the most into a Final Four I've been since the Shox where there. Can't wait to watch FAU v SDSU. Both teams are very talented and fun to watch and I hope one of those two wins the Natty.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                        I like your list but I'd switch UCONN and Miami around. Miami appears to be 100% bought by the new system. Totally legal but just kinda dirty.
                        Why though? WSU will undoubtedly use NIL deals to attract transfers. The only difference might be the amount, but in principle, it's all the same.

Not that I necessarily like it either, but if you want WSU basketball to be successful in any meaningful way, you're going to have to be okay with other teams bidding for players, because we will be doing the same things.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Not picking on you specifically, but this is why I think the opining that "March is the greatest month of sports" is so overrated.

The first weekend of March Madness is great. Wall-to-wall basketball for four straight days. Just about anyone can get into that. When Furman had the frantic rally (or Virginia had the epic collapse, take your pick), social media buzzed over that one, no matter who your favorite team was.

After that though, it's only fun if your team is still playing. K-State-Michigan State was a great ballgame. Lots of drama. Fantastic play. Heart-pounding ending. Yet, I noticed a deafening silence from those who usually chirp about how college basketball is so awesome. Why? I propose that once your team is out, the excitement of March Madness significantly diminishes. After K-State lost, I am pretty sure that my wife didn't see a second of any of the other three games this weekend.

For the record, I vote for October as the best sports month. Baseball playoffs are firing up. Football is in full gear (at all levels). NBA gets started with college basketball right around the corner. That's just good stuff all around.
                          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Not picking on you specifically, but this is why I think the opining that "March is the greatest month of sports" is so overrated.

The first weekend of March Madness is great. Wall-to-wall basketball for four straight days. Just about anyone can get into that. When Furman had the frantic rally (or Virginia had the epic collapse, take your pick), social media buzzed over that one, no matter who your favorite team was.

After that though, it's only fun if your team is still playing. K-State-Michigan State was a great ballgame. Lots of drama. Fantastic play. Heart-pounding ending. Yet, I noticed a deafening silence from those who usually chirp about how college basketball is so awesome. Why? I propose that once your team is out, the excitement of March Madness significantly diminishes. After K-State lost, I am pretty sure that my wife didn't see a second of any of the other three games this weekend.

For the record, I vote for October as the best sports month. Baseball playoffs are firing up. Football is in full gear (at all levels). NBA gets started with college basketball right around the corner. That's just good stuff all around.
                            Absolutely more fun when your team is still playing. For me, March Madness is the last portion of sports I following until college football/NFL starts up again. For those of you who follow baseball, you're in good shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                              Not that it matters, and its probably a lot like professional cycling, in that everyone is probably cheating, but not everyone got caught, but there is no universe where I can root for Miami so long as that guy is the coach. Not a fan of Hurley in any way shape or form, though they seem to be playing well. So I guess I'm rooting for one of the other two teams, again, not that it matters. I don't even remember the last championship game I watched. If I had to guess, it was Keith Smart hitting the game winner for Indiana. Don't know why, I've just never been a fan of the pomp and circumstance surrounding the final game.

You should have had a chance to watch the 2013 game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

You should have had a chance to watch the 2013 game.
                                Yeah, THAT GAME would have officially been my last.

Comment

Working...
                                X