No announcement yet.

Who Has Time To Work - NCAA Tournament Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Snyder did the same thing albeit in the form of notes and letters. Hard to think that is was anything but sincere.

Comment

• wait a minute: sdsu lost to creighton in the first round of last years ncaa tournament?

Comment

• FLOP..
        The Assman

Comment

• Can we all just take a moment to acknowledge the small miracle that the impossible happened? Not only did Creighton make it out of the first weekend, but they are also playing today? Pretty sure that coaching feat alone should get Wookie a statue in Nebraska.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            FLOP..
            I mean, it's a McDermott coached team. He started that at UNI and continues it at Creighton.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• If Creighton makes the F4, they will have done so with out playing a 1 or a 2 seed.

Both the other teams already in the F4 can say that as well.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                I believe it was genuine.

That doesn’t mean he doesn’t see benefits from it though.

The two can both be true.
                Earlier, I said that Tang is a good, smart guy. A better word for “smart” would have been “shrewd”.

Tang is a “good”, “shrewd” guy. There is no doubt that Tang sees benefit from his FAU locker room visit (publicity too), but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t believe it was the right thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  Bill Snyder did the same thing albeit in the form of notes and letters. Hard to think that is was anything but sincere.
                  Bill Snyder was a “good”, “shrewd” guy too. In addition to his notes, he was known as someone who never raised his voice to his players. But Venables, and Mike Stoops we’re on his staff, and after watching KSU practices, and watching Venables, and Stoops following players, getting in faces, and screaming at them, there was little doubt in my mind, that Snyder had given them a role to serve on staff so he didn’t have to do it. They were his “ mean” guys.

This year, I often watched Venables at OU during games. He had learned his lessons well regarding Snyder’s approach. I never saw him as a first time Head Coach engage his players any other way than quiet teaching, which is the opposite to the fiery, in your face Asst. KSU Coach I saw. Mike Stoops, otoh, as Head Coach at Arizona never could shake that part of his personality. He wasn’t successful as a Head Coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Bill Snyder was a “good”, “shrewd” guy too. In addition to his notes, he was known as someone who never raised his voice to his players. But Venables, and Mike Stoops we’re on his staff, and after watching KSU practices, and watching Venables, and Stoops following players, getting in faces, and screaming at them, there was little doubt in my mind, that Snyder had given them a role to serve on staff so he didn’t have to do it. They were his “ mean” guys.

This year, I often watched Venables at OU during games. He had learned his lessons well regarding Snyder’s approach. I never saw him as a first time Head Coach engage his players any other way than quiet teaching, which is the opposite to the fiery, in your face Asst. KSU Coach I saw. Mike Stoops, otoh, as Head Coach at Arizona never could shake that part of his personality. He wasn’t successful as a Head Coach.
                    Boy I hate to burst your bubble, but I worked quite a bit with a guy who was an all conference d-line player for the cats in the early 2000’s, and he had story after story about Snyder, and he was anything but a good guy to the people around him. It was so bad this former player has never gone back to any KSU game or event because of Snyder in spite of living in Kansas the entire time since he graduated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Earlier, I said that Tang is a good, smart guy. A better word for “smart” would have been “shrewd”.

Tang is a “good”, “shrewd” guy. There is no doubt that Tang sees benefit from his FAU locker room visit (publicity too), but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t believe it was the right thing to do.
                      Rocky Balboa was very shrewd to have Shamrock Meats put a logo on his boxing robe, and Rocky got a free silk robe.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post

Boy I hate to burst your bubble, but I worked quite a bit with a guy who was an all conference d-line player for the cats in the early 2000’s, and he had story after story about Snyder, and he was anything but a good guy to the people around him. It was so bad this former player has never gone back to any KSU game or event because of Snyder in spite of living in Kansas the entire time since he graduated.
                        I will second this as I’ve heard former players refer to Snyder as Satan.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I would be interested in hearing more tidbits about Snyder.

Very interesting contrast, compared to his public image.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
                            I've always thought that when one of the D1 programs in the state does well, the other ones benefit. It raises the profile of basketball in the state. If KU wins a national championship, people from outside the state notice that there's good basketball in Kansas. Maybe kids who can't get in to KU start looking at WSU and K-State because they see that the state of Kansas has good basketball. KU wins a natty in 2008, then two years later K-State is in the Elite Eight, then three years later WSU is in the Final Four. KU wins another national championship, then the next year K-State is in an Elite Eight or Final Four if they win tomorrow. Now WSU has to make another tournament run in the next few years, which it seems like we now have the coach to do it.
                            Interesting that if K-State would've won, it would've been the 5th time a different combination of KS teams have gone to the Final Four back to back.

1951-K-State 1952-KU
                            1957-KU 1958-K-State
                            1964-K-State 1965-Wichita State
                            2012-KU 2013-Wichita State
                            2022-KU 2023-(Almost K-State)

Comment

• What was that inbounds pass????

Out of timeout, no less…
                              The Assman

Comment

• OMG he fouled him??
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X