The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• If we are going high school ... get another freakin' true PG.

Better yet, rob a Brinks truck and get Noam here.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
        At the end of the season he was our 2nd best player after Porter and was playing 35 minutes per game. Good defender and greatly improved offensive player as the season went on. Not sure what guard we have now that you think is better than Pierre?
        He was getting a lot of minutes late in the year because Walton missed 2 games and played limited minutes in the last 2 (51 minutes total over 4 games).

Pierre played 40, 39, 29, and 34 minutes in those games. Is that your 35 mpg??? Had Walton been healthy, that would not have happened. Pierre also had a big game before those last 4 games where he scored 28 against Tulane with a shooting line of 9-17 / 5-12 / 5-7. However, in the last 4 games his shooting line was 22-48 /6-20 / 0-0. He only shot a free throw in 2 of his last 10 games.

I'll give you that he improved. We will see if Rogers is as good as billed.

Comment

• For the last 2 recruits. How about Vanover. He probably if I recall may have to sit out a Season and could practice with the team. Last but not least, if we are considering a high school pg, yes, I must agree with Kung Wu. Noam, yes Noam.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            For the last 2 recruits. How about Vanover. He probably if I recall may have to sit out a Season and could practice with the team. Last but not least, if we are considering a high school pg, yes, I must agree with Kung Wu. Noam, yes Noam.
            You talked about Vanover in a previous post. We don’t need 4 post players. We need a PG and invest the final spot to a HS player.

Comment

• I’m still super high on Forsythe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
                I’m still super high on Forsythe.
                Class of 2024.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

You talked about Vanover in a previous post. We don’t need 4 post players. We need a PG and invest the final spot to a HS player.
                  We still have 2 slots left to fill. Our priority seems to be a high school pg. We do have several post players although I'm not sure DeGray will be eligible for this Season. Vanover may not get to play this Season anywhere either.. Even so, if not, he could practice with the Shocks this Season. I'd like to have him ready for the following Season. It seems Vanover shows interest in being a Shocker?
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If i'm understanding Aargh right, he's saying that KP wanted to come back 1.5-2 months ago and HCPM played hard ball told him no .. prove you want to be here. Likely to try to make an example of him.

Normally, I'd say that would be ok. After this season if any players go in the portal then try to come back, I would be on board with that. Doing that to Walton, who flipped the birds on the way out, committed elsewhere, then got dropped .. i'd be ok with him playing hardball to him. Probably even with Pierre who bounced AFTER HCPM was announced.

Now for KP .. KP was recruited by FHCIB .. We fired FHCIB and KP went into the portal to look at his options before a new coach was hired. KP has represented the university well, I've never heard anyone say anything negative about him and he went into the portal on good terms by all I can tell. So if HCPM decides he wants to "prove a point" towards one of better possible returning players who just went through that whole situation, then yea .. that's a negative mark vs HCPM. Pick and choose your battles. If KP, who did everything right in the process as far as I can tell, wants to come back .. you let him come back. He didn't ask for the coach that recruited him to be fired.

Now do I think that's actually what happened? No .. but Aargh was obviously trying to make it a point that it would be a good thing .. when in reality it wouldn't be. What ShockRef just said makes much more sense to me.

Either way .. glad KP is back.
                    You apparently have no way to consider any possibility other than your own negativity. At no time did I suggest that KP wanted to come back. All I did was suggest another possibility for why Pohto was in the portal for two months. PM was very clear that he only wanted players on the roster who wanted to be at WSU. I never said PM played hardball, which you claim I said.

You have explicitly stated that taking two months to get Pohto out of the portal was a sign of PM's weakness in recruiting. You have no clue what went on with Pohto, or any other recruits, yet you consistently take anything that could possibly be put on PM and use it to point out that he was a bad hire.

It's been said that the ability to see and understand two sides of an issue is a sign of intelligence. Unintelligent people have no ability to see anything other than their own opinion.

I'm reserving my evaluations of PM as a coach and a recruiter until there is enough evidence to make that evaluation. You seem to only be able to understand your own viewpoints and find the necessity to repeat them incessantly.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

You apparently have no way to consider any possibility other than your own negativity. At no time did I suggest that KP wanted to come back.
                      "Maybe it took two months for Pohto to convince Mills that he wanted to be at WSU"

So you were saying that a person, that did not want to come back, spent 2 months convincing a coach that he wanted to come back ...

Uh... Ok. Yea ... Sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

We still have 2 slots left to fill. Our priority seems to be a high school pg. We do have several post players although I'm not sure DeGray will be eligible for this Season. Vanover may not get to play this Season anywhere either.. Even so, if not, he could practice with the Shocks this Season. I'd like to have him ready for the following Season. It seems Vanover shows interest in being a Shocker?
                        Since we just had a transfer PG on campus last week, I'm guessing we are going to try for a transfer PG. If we land that, it would put A LOT of players in the junior class. That would make 8. Then Vanover would technically be in that class without a waiver so 9 seniors (assuming they all stay, which is a stretch) for next year. I'm guessing it will be an experienced PG and best available freshman.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Not trying to be a smarta**, but why? He was a volume shooter who didn't have good %s (.390 FG, .282 3pt) who turned over the ball.
                          Pierre is going to be an excellent player under a good coach. I hated loosing him as much as anyone. Ton of potential and athleticism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Pierre is going to be an excellent player under a good coach. I hated loosing him as much as anyone. Ton of potential and athleticism.
                            This is a stretch. The team was playing really good offense during conference play… the only player with a consistent “me over team” issue was Pierre…Not only did he shoot poorly often - he consistently passed the ball a half second late and off target. He was careless and didn’t seemed bothered by it.

Comment

• Pierre was fine last year, but at a position where we had more depth than we did at most of our positions. We have other good players at his position.

Comment

• Pierre was an underclassman that bloomed at the end of his sophomore season. To me that is a good signal that a player is starting to mature. He's so athletic I definitely would want to retain him, if possible. But he's a great example of an underclassman that thinks his usage as an underclassman will reflect his usage as an upperclassman so he bolts.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X