No announcement yet.

Wichita State: at #1 Houston (03/02/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are going to get spanked. Not in the 50 Shades of Grey way, more like the Season 1 finale of 1923.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

You should probably not use analogies when you don’t use them correctly. I used this analogy no less than two weeks ago:

”Kenny Pohto is to Tim Duncan what Aaron Ellis was to Kevin Garnett.”

That works, as it compares two people to another set of two people. It’s also funny if you’ve followed Shocker basketball; I’m not sure if you even watch our games.

You compared a person to a concept, then a person to a person and tried to draw the connection. It didn’t work.

Have you re-evaluated why you’re constantly the biggest jerk on this board? I hope you find the help you need.
      Could be as simple as a bad batch of whiskey…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm going to need some whiskey to get through the game tonight.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We lose, but I think I'd take the Shox plus 17

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            We lose, but I think I'd take the Shox plus 17
            Same.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

17 is a BIG line for a conference game.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                17 is a BIG line for a conference game.
                ...especially on a Senior Night.
                78-65

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

No matter how it's spun the Shockers are moving up in the conference standings since Jan. 1st.
                  Lmao
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm at level 7.5 out of 10 for tonight's match. I can't fathom that we are playing the number one team in the country and I am not a 10 out of 10. In past years I would have traded body parts for this match. In the past I couldn't get any work done just thinking about the upcoming evening's happenings.

But I guess 7.5 out of 10 ain't nothing ... I'll be rootin' for these guys all the way to the final bell.

I just wish there was a conference championship or NCAA tourney birth or SOMETHING on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      I'm at level 7.5 out of 10 for tonight's match. I can't fathom that we are playing the number one team in the country and I am not a 10 out of 10. In past years I would have traded body parts for this match. In the past I couldn't get any work done just thinking about the upcoming evening's happenings.

But I guess 7.5 out of 10 ain't nothing ... I'll be rootin' for these guys all the way to the final bell.

I just wish there was a conference championship or NCAA tourney birth or SOMETHING on the line.
                      I'm getting kinda scared and not very confident, but this worked on the road against Tulane and Temple, so here goes...

Comment

Comment

I'm paying to see this one. My TV crapped out on me last night so I'm going out to watch this one. Don't have much hope in this being a close one, but not sure I buy the 17.5 that Vegas put on it.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Okay, I'm up to an 8.5! Maybe just a late start. Could go run grab some craft brew and get to a 9.5 in no time!

Comment

Mike and Bob said that Walton is out with illness. So much for the minuscule hope that I might have had.
                              78-65

Comment

Taylor Eldridge @tayloreldridge

Wichita State will be without leading scorer Jaykwon Walton for tonight’s game at No. 1 Houston. Walton is not in uniform due to an illness, according to team spokesperson.

Comment

Working...
                                X