Wichita State: at #1 Houston (03/02/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Moral victories are for loser's. We want the real deal.
    Tell that to Mike Kennedy and crew.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
      Beating the #1 team in the country on Marcus Sasser's senior night is a tall order. But if the Shockers play like they did against Tulane, they have a chance. Sometimes teams play tight on senior night, because of all the emotions involved. Remember in our Final Four season, we lost to Evansville on senior night. If Houston plays tight and we play loose, we have that advantage. We have nothing to lose. No one expects us to win and no one will hold it against us if we don't win. It's going to take an A+ game from many players to pull this off. It would be the biggest regular season win in Shocker history. I'm not expecting a win, but I voted for a 1 point Shocker win because the Tulane and Temple wins give me a spark of hope that it can happen.
      I want that to be true .. and looking at just our games there is reason for hope. Then I step back and realize that Temple has lost 5 of their last 6 (only win vs Tulsa) and Tulane lost by 30 to Houston the game before us, and just lost last night by 15 to ECU. So back of my head is wondering how much of our "turnaround" is just other teams falling apart. Guess we will find out tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I want that to be true .. and looking at just our games there is reason for hope. Then I step back and realize that Temple has lost 5 of their last 6 (only win vs Tulsa) and Tulane lost by 30 to Houston the game before us, and just lost last night by 15 to ECU. So back of my head is wondering how much of our "turnaround" is just other teams falling apart. Guess we will find out tonight.
        No matter how it's spun the Shockers are moving up in the conference standings since Jan. 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Moral victories are for loser's. We want the real deal.
          Tell that to Rocky Balboa

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

No matter how it's spun the Shockers are moving up in the conference standings since Jan. 1st.
            Well it was hard to drop any farther than we started ..

Comment

Maybe we should start 0-2 in conference every year, that way, we can point to our record and prove progress, saying we moved up in the conference standings since the beginning of the new year.

My goodness.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I can see a Georgetown like performance tonight.

Comment

Since we have been in the AAC we only have 2 losses of more than 11 to Houston.

By 14 in 17-18
                  By 33 in 19-20

All the other games have been relatively close (close being loosely defined). Houston is a team that we seem to match up well enough to keep close but not well enough to ever really close it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Since we have been in the AAC we only have 2 losses of more than 11 to Houston.

By 14 in 17-18
                    By 33 in 19-20

All the other games have been relatively close (close being loosely defined). Houston is a team that we seem to match up well enough to keep close but not well enough to ever really close it out.
                    God I forgot about that 33-point game. Blocked it out of my mind. That 19-20 team was so talented but could be such a mess.

Comment

If we have a repeat Tulane performance then I like +17.5 moral cover

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

God I forgot about that 33-point game. Blocked it out of my mind. That 19-20 team was so talented but could be such a mess.
                        Yea the head scratcher from my quote is the 2 biggest losses to Houston came from arguably the 2 most talented teams we've had since FVV/Baker/Early left.

Comment

Does the Fajita Center sell out every game?

Comment

The AAC will save the Houston loss for Memphis to achieve, there by ensuring a second entry from the AAC in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                              Maybe we should start 0-2 in conference every year, that way, we can point to our record and prove progress, saying we moved up in the conference standings since the beginning of the new year.

My goodness.
                              Kel is to smart sports takes what Blob Lutz is to Mike Lupica. The Chickens would be an underdog tonight.

I kid because I care...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Kel is to smart sports takes what Blob Lutz is to Mike Lupica. The Chickens would be an underdog tonight.

I kid because I care...

You should probably not use analogies when you don’t use them correctly. I used this analogy no less than two weeks ago:

”Kenny Pohto is to Tim Duncan what Aaron Ellis was to Kevin Garnett.”

That works, as it compares two people to another set of two people. It’s also funny if you’ve followed Shocker basketball; I’m not sure if you even watch our games.

You compared a person to a concept, then a person to a person and tried to draw the connection. It didn’t work.

Have you re-evaluated why you’re constantly the biggest jerk on this board? I hope you find the help you need.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X