Toure Murry Laker Workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toure Murry Laker Workout

Former Shocker Toure Murry will work out for the Lakers scouting department on May 9 in Los Angeles. “According to what I’ve heard, they’ve been watching me for awhile,” Murry said. “I signed with an agent, and he set it up for me.”

Anybody hear anything? KSN only mentioned that he worked out with the Lakers.

he doesn't say much about it, other than he had the workout yesterday

Comment

What a great highlight video of Toure selling himself to scouts!!! Best of luck Toure! You a good player fer sure!!!
      Toure Murry 6'5 combo GuardWichita State University2012 Stats12.2 PPG3.3 APG4.7 RPG1.3 SPG42% FG%29% 3p%79% Ft%
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

It would be really cool to have another Shocker in the NBA (yes, I'm counting Mo Evans. If I watched you play at HLA in a WSU uni, you're a Shocker) and I wish the best for Toure. That being said, why does it have to be the Lakers? I hate the Lakers!!!

Seriously, though, good luck to TM.

Comment

Overheard a guy on the streets say Stutz is trying out for the Portland Trailblazers. Anyone know if there's any truth to that?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            Overheard a guy on the streets say Stutz is trying out for the Portland Trailblazers. Anyone know if there's any truth to that?
            No clue, but it wouldn't surprise me that somebody is wanting to get a closer look at him.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
              Yes it is true. And Toure is also scheduled to work out for the Rockets, if it hasnt happened already since his Lakers workout.

Comment

It would be great if Toure got a shot with his hometown Rockets

Comment

Wow I got mucho happy in my pants!! Great day to be a Shocker...:yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                    Wow I got mucho happy in my pants!! Great day to be a Shocker...:yahoo:
                    :hororr: :hopelessness:

Comment

A tweet from YannisHW who covers the S.A. Spurs for Hoopsworld.com says no chance Murry goes undrafted.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                        A tweet from YannisHW who covers the S.A. Spurs for Hoopsworld.com says no chance Murry goes undrafted.
                        Hope that happens for Toure, also would be great for WSU/Marshall to be able to say hey look your NBA goals can happen right here.

Comment

I saw the tweet as well. Fingers crossed, the kid deserves it.

Comment

Is it just me or did Toure seem to shoot better a few feet beyond the arc? It would not surprise me if Toure became an adequate outside shooter in the NBA. He's got everything else you need.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                              Is it just me or did Toure seem to shoot better a few feet beyond the arc? It would not surprise me if Toure became an adequate outside shooter in the NBA. He's got everything else you need.
                              Whether it is system, coaching, or extra gym time you can't always predict who will be a good pro shooter based on college stats. Just look at Kawhi Leonard who was a 25% 3-point shooter in his 2 years of college but has shot 38% from 3 during his rookie NBA season. I think that if you get Toure' with the right coaching staff and the opportunity to be working on his game full-time and get those extra reps in that he can turn himself into at least an adequate 3-point shooter and with his ability to pass, create his own shot, defend, and rebound that should get him interest from NBA teams.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                              X