No announcement yet.

Director of Athletics Kevin Saal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Change was proof that you can be a one trick pony if it is a really good trick.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
      Quick Change was proof that you can be a one trick pony if it is a really good trick.
      There was another quick change act on America's Got Talent a couple years ago that was even a level above his. She was REALLY good. Was hoping she would make her rounds to basketball games. Maybe she will someday!

Last edited by shockerfan; December 18, 2023, 12:44 PM.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

There was another quick change act on America's Got Talent a couple years ago that was even a level above his. She was REALLY good. Was hoping she would make her rounds to basketball games. Maybe she will someday!

https://youtu.be/wl9qiI83g-o?si=obr_i1uBaYHs7Xv3
        Way cool, but I'd rather watch her changing the old fashioned way.

Comment

Holy crap!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

That was pretty amazing

Comment

• Pretty cool that ADKS actually takes the time to keep the minions up to speed on the happenings of the Athletic Department. I will continue to advocate for a long term financially beneficial contract to keep ADKS at WSU. We all worry about losing our athletes to another school who is willing to make the financial commitment, If we don't show the same resolve to the guy that makes the whole thing work then someone from a power school is gonna poach him Go Shocks

Comment

• I'm sure this is pleasing to ADKS:

Wichita State student-athletes set a school record for the second-consecutive semester with a 3.45 cumulative grade-point average for the Fall 2023 semester. This breaks the all-time record of 3.406 set during the Spring 2023 semester. It was also the 37th-consecutive semester of earning higher than a 3.00 cumulative grade-point average department wide.

In August of 2022, Wichita State Athletics established a bold and aggressive set of five-year strategic objectives. Academically - beginning the Fall of 2022 semester and concluding the Spring of 2027 semester - Wichita State Athletics aspires to achieve a department-wide 3.0 GPA all 10 semesters, a department-wide 3.30 GPA five out of the next 10 semesters – three of which have already been accomplished - and a department-wide 3.40 GPA once out of the next 10 semesters, a goal that has already been accomplished twice. The Fall of 2023 accomplished all three of these objectives for the second-consecutive semester.

Men's Basketball, Baseball and Women's Tennis set new records for their team's GPA.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 24, 2023, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Well this sure goes against those schools that no longer entertain the Student/athlete model but now recognize the pay scale athlete. So this is a good thing right?

Comment

• Tons of cliches. Rather defensive tone. But then again what else can he say? Starts at 28 minute mark.

Hour 1 - A very special edition of Sports Daily today, a Presidents' Day Reaction Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                      Tons of cliches. Rather defensive tone. But then again what else can he say? Starts at 28 minute mark.

Hour 1 - A very special edition of Sports Daily today, a Presidents' Day Reaction Monday.

Not exactly an encouraging interview. It seems he's trying to confuse some of the "mental model change" about instant gratification and ignoring its not just mental model change its actual rules/law changes. Quoting Coach K who decided to retire when all these rules change does the opposite of what he was hoping to say IMO. Also making the excuse that previous coaches only won 8 or 9 games in their first year really doesn't mean much because they would have lost their entire teams after year 1 if they coached in these times (most likely)

Last edited by Stickboy46; February 19, 2024, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• I suppose his job is on the line also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Not exactly an encouraging interview. It seems he's trying to confuse some of the "mental model change" about instant gratification and ignoring its not just mental model change its actual rules/law changes. Quoting Coach K who decided to retire when all these rules change does the opposite of what he was hoping to say IMO. Also making the excuse that previous coaches only won 8 or 9 games in their first year really doesn't mean much because they would have lost their entire teams after year 1 if they coached in these times (most likely)
                          Yeah I’m going to pass on another podcast app. Another source?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Yeah I’m going to pass on another podcast app. Another source?
                            Which show was this? I’m assuming either Sports Daily, Lutz, or 1410?
                            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Jacob and Tommy-KFH. I believe on the Audacy app. Sports Daily I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Sports Daily

Comment

Working...
                                X