Director of Athletics Kevin Saal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Hopefully, Ms. Leatherpants will still be the cheer coach... she can 'walk by me' all she wants.
    Yes, I’m more than a little concerned that Ms LP will be displaced by Stickboy46 and his need for floor seats. Maybe the ladies in his entourage will accommodate us by wearing leather!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Did you get a call recently? I’m waiting to hear if I can get my split pair combined.
      Yes Russell in the Ticket Office called me yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Yes, I’m more than a little concerned that Ms LP will be displaced by Stickboy46 and his need for floor seats. Maybe the ladies in his entourage will accommodate us by wearing leather!
        You haven't even seen me in leather pants and already writing me off???

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

BUT WHERE WILL THE DJ STAND?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hopefully, that means there won't be one and the pep band will play more.

I know, this band geek is getting old.
          Seriously though. Just watch how the crowd reacts when the band plays verses canned music. Any idiot can see the huge difference, yet they still insist on limiting the band more and more each year. It's infuriating

Comment

• Winning will bring in more students than a DJ.

Comment

• Listened to ADKS on KGSO yesterday morning. Still saying we need to make sure we are paying this guy enough to keep him here. Talked about the energy and competition at EVERY position for our Shocker basketball team. Talked about the building of the roster. Touched briefly on NIL and transfers and I thought was a cryptic comment that he felt that in the next 18 months there would be changers in the way athletes were treated, in that there would be some form of a contract between the student and the university lining out committing to a period of time and perhaps even buy out terms if he were to leave before the end of their agreement much like a coach has a buyout agreement if he leaves before the endo of his contract. Mentioned 18 months twice which led me to believe there is already much discussion being had about the subject. Also talked about the professional softball league games played at WSU and the tv exposure that the university and the softball team got which he felt was beyond being able to put a price tag on the whole thing. ADKS just comes across in these types of discussions as very thoughtful and measured in his responses all the while playing his cards close to his vest which I'm sure drives alot of us a little/a lot crazy at times. Just pay the man to keep him here...we have seen what weak leadership brings us. Go Shocks

Comment

• Honestly I underestimated the great publicity we received from the pro softball games. Fans did their part too which helped the images viewers saw on television.

Comment

• We talked about chemistry in another thread and I could be off base, but it seems AD Saal and Brent Kemnitz have very good chemistry.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    We talked about chemistry in another thread and I could be off base, but it seems AD Saal and Brent Kemnitz have very good chemistry.
                    not that there's anything wrong with that

Comment

Honestly I underestimated the great publicity we received from the pro softball games. Fans did their part too which helped the images viewers saw on television.
                      I’d be curious to see how many eyeballs were watching the tournament; the Mrs. and I watched a lot of games and were very impressed; it really looked big-time. I think Brad Pittman deserves a lot of credit… he’s another person we need to retain.

Brad Pittman, who served as the associate athletic director for facilities and operations for 15 years, was promoted to senior associate athletic director for facilities
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I’d be curious to see how many eyeballs were watching the tournament; the Mrs. and I watched a lot of games and were very impressed; it really looked big-time. I think Brad Pittman deserves a lot of credit… he’s another person we need to retain.

https://goshockers.com/staff-directory/brad-pittman/16
                        Great point, wouldn’t be a bad idea to email him your thoughts.

Comment

Honestly I underestimated the great publicity we received from the pro softball games. Fans did their part too which helped the images viewers saw on television.
                          Having the Koch’s (Charles, Elizabeth and Chase) in the house cannot be overstated.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We talked about chemistry in another thread and I could be off base, but it seems AD Saal and Brent Kemnitz have very good chemistry.
                            I have a "minor equivalency" in chemistry from WSU. I couldn't claim it as a true minor since I got a General Studies Degree. Very odd "rule." Of course at this point in my career, I don't even have a resume.

Comment

https://goshockers.com/staff-directory/brad-pittman/16
                              I have had several dealings with Brad over
                              the years. I have walked away from each one happy and impressed. Brad is top notch in my book.
                              Go Shocks!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X