No announcement yet.

Wichita State: at Tulsa (02/05/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what the heck happened at the end there. Sour way to end an otherwise good game.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Exactly. I actually argued the opposite at the beginning of the season: that his poor pay showed a lack of player development. But something has happened and he's looking a lot better now.
      He reportedly did have a knee the was bothering him at the beginning of the season. But it is anyone's guess how much of his improved play is due to the knee feeling better.

Comment

• An embarrassing finish, especially for the reserves. Those guys just sent a message that you can't trust them. The starters weren't exactly great especially at the free throw line but in their defense they had gone to the bench and probably shut it down mentally as they figured they day was done and it should have been.

HCIB needs to bring in Trajata Colbert. who plays the 5 for the women's team, as a free throw instructor or find out whoever helped her. She was around 45% as a freshman and is now a 80%+ free throw shooter. Really no excuse for college basketball players to be such poor free throw shooters.

Comment

• WSU seems to have figured out that when you get the ball down low, good things happen. Rojas and Pohto ran circles around Tulsa defenders in this one. Impressive how much better those two are now compared to the start of the season.

Would really like to see Pohto, Walton, Pierre, and Abidde retained for next season.
          Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; February 6, 2023, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• The ending confirms what most already know about what needs to happen at the end of the season
            Last edited by Shock Top; February 5, 2023, 04:41 PM.
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
              WSU seems to have figured out that when you get the ball down low, good things happen. Rojas and Pohto ran circles around Tulsa defenders in this one. Impressive how much better those two are now compared to the start of the season.

Would really like to Pohto, Walton, Pierre, and Abidde retained for next season.
              I'm not sold on Abidde... Seems like every time he gets a chance he makes boneheaded plays. He had a couple good plays this game then followed it up with a step back three that was 5 feet short then ran over a 3 point shooter on the other end

Comment

• I hope the powers that be in the athletic department read this. Can we please get a new start time for next Sunday’s home game? Let’s don’t make everyone late to the start of the Chiefs Super Bowl please!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm not sold on Abidde... Seems like every time he gets a chance he makes boneheaded plays. He had a couple good plays this game then followed it up with a step back three that was 5 feet short then ran over a 3 point shooter on the other end
                  That last sequence is unlikely to make his portal mix-tape.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                    I hope the powers that be in the athletic department read this. Can we please get a new start time for next Sunday’s home game? Let’s don’t make everyone late to the start of the Chiefs Super Bowl please!!!
                    I'm guessing that's 100% controlled by ESPN

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I believe a high-level coach could corral Abidde and get him to use his noggin’ more effectively. I knew he was athletic, but that alley-oop was impressive… and a helluva pass from Kenny. That was a big-time highlight.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Kinda like how good HC brought the best out of TE and RCIV
                        The Assman

Comment

• It’s so obvious, even Jeff ******* ‘s tweeting about us hiring a new coach.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• A road win is always good.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• We really played well until the last few minutes. Shared the basketball, rebounded, pretty good defense and shot the ball well. Too bad the ending left a poor taste. The team is playing better and we have had good game plans. We need to win the next two home games and pick up an unexpected win on the road.

Comment

• Nice road win for the Shocks. Two winnable home games coming. Those last 5 -7 minutes today will not suffice with the better teams we still have left to play. Porter's triple double was impressive today. Walton is the real deal. No Gus on the floor? Abidde is definitely one I hope stays with KP, Walton, Pierre, Rogers, (Ballard?), and 2 more pgs and 2 more bigs recuits that can step right in. Can Rogers play some pg?
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X