No announcement yet.

Wichita State: at Tulsa (02/05/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far this season (not counting today's game), Tulsa has averaged 68 points per game, 34 per half.

In the last 10:05 today, they scored 35 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      It’s so obvious, even Jeff ******* ‘s tweeting about us hiring a new coach.
      Kind of like starting the fire and being the one who called the fire department….
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Kind of like starting the fire and being the one who called the fire department….
        Arsonist
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Apologies to the board. I’m definitely happy for the win; road wins are always satisfying. Unfortunately, my expectations are probably too high.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Apologies to the board. I’m definitely happy for the win; road wins are always satisfying. Unfortunately, my expectations are probably too high.
            Need to cool off your case of the "red ass"?

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• You can definitely see the coaching errors today.

IB consistently puts in reserves way too early (when leading big), leaves them in too long and/or slows down the offense by holding the ball trying to kill clock when there is still a ton of time left in the game. Leaving them with a desperation shot with the shot clock winding down.

100% on IB for the collapse. Luckily it was against Tulsa.

But I am starting to really enjoy watching the starters play. Especially Rojas, Pohto, Walton & Porter
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Rojas would have been perfect for a guy like fHCGM. GM would have harness that energy and aggression to its best and full potential.

Walton has the making to have been a Shocker great, if he spent his whole career here and the program was still at its peak. I’m afraid we won’t get to see much more of him though, unless he just loves Wichita or believes in the trajectory of the program.

It’s too bad CP3’s years came at the decline of the program. He too would be remembered very fondly for a long time had his teams had more success. If block shots were all that was important in the NBA, he’d be a lottery pick, because he’s the best I’ve ever seen for a player his size.

Good to see KP start to live up to the potential the former coaching staff saw in him. He’s got a very nice skill set and the player on the inside is starting to reflect the player on the outside.

JP seems like a great kid. Hopefully the right coach can get the best out of him, because there is a player buried under the surface somewhere.
                The Assman

Comment

• Was anything said about why Okafer did not play?

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That's not entirely true. He showed he had some ability around the basket even as a FR. He simply wasn't comfortable as that's not how he was used in Sweden. Even earlier in the year he showed flashes and has slowly gotten more comfortable as the season has progressed. It also helped that he actually gets passed to now when he posts up opposed to earlier in the year when he was ignored.
                    Wow.. you have to ignore pretty much all evidence over two years to discount KP’s improvement… the kind of improvement that comes from coaching

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                      Was anything said about why Okafer did not play?
                      I wondered the same thing.

Comment

• I am not on the IB bandwagon… and I know it is easy to blame coaching for late game execution… but the coaching is what you see in the first 35 minutes. The last five minutes are players making mental errors.

This team has been playing really good basketball until high leverage situations. They just need to find a guy that wants the ball against a late game press… that can also can the free throws.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

They might get a lead out to 23, but would give up 10 of that in the last 2-3 minutes. I'll go Shocks by 13.
                          Huh. Blind squirrel.

Comment

• IMO, they're not in full game shape. Those missed late free throws barely made it to the front of the rim. I have to blame that on coaching and game management. The starters need to get a breather. Just don't take everyone out at the same time. Tired minds make mistakes they wouldn't make earlier in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Good to see KP start to live up to the potential the former coaching staff saw in him.
                              Agree with your post but I am fairly certain KP was recruited after HCIB took over.

Comment

• Couldn't watch, couldn't listen. Sounds like a meh kind of game. Tulsa is awful. To beat the same dead horse, JP went 3-11 from 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X