No announcement yet.

Wichita State: at Tulsa (02/05/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t like Brown but I’m not going to root against us either.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Here's what I would like to see today.

A similar defensive intensity compared to the Houston game. I'm not oblivious to the fact it's a different opponent and on the road, but good, solid, aggressive and consistent defensive effort for 40 minutes.

A return to an engaged bench, from a standpoint of minutes (we need to play more) and numbers and enthusiasm. Would like to see more of all available scholarship players early and often (Xavier, Jalen, Shammah, Isaac, Poor Bear, Gus and even a little Melvion, no pun intended).

Although not the best group to press (with their ball handling and speed) I hope we heat them up at times with Jaykwon at the point. Length.

Post touches, and a LOT of them. Post EVERYONE up. I don't mind at all 3 point shots, but they need to be open, walking into the shot (no step backs! or Harden travels) and no Kenny or James 3s.

Continue the trend of getting on the floor and winning the 50/50 balls. LOVE that.

Do those things and I'm ok with the outcome.

Outside of some uninspired and sloppy Shammah Scott play, there were a lot of boxes checked off in that first half.

Walton and Pierre look better and better every day.

Take good shots, make good shots.

Comment

I’ve been critical of Pierre most of the season, but he’s playing well today.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Man this conference is terrible this year. When a team like Temple is 8-2 it says something. Glad we are destroying someone.

Comment

Really nice first half and play much better team ball. Good timeout by HCIB when we were leaving their 3-point shooters open and that seemed to stop.

Now can they wash, rinse and repeat that level of play in the 2nd half.

Comment

I’m glad we’re no longer chucking up 3s.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                I don’t like Brown but I’m not going to root against us either.
                Still think too big a portion of this board roots against us because they think it helps IB get fired and/or proves them right, and it’s disappointing.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                  I don’t like Brown, as a basketball head coach, but I’m not going to root against us either.
                  FIFY (I hope).

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

FIFY (I hope).
                    Yes, absolutely that. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                      So, if the SHOX come out strong, will you stop your incessant complaining??? Probably not.
                      I will if you unlatch yourself off my nuts.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

Wrong as usual.
                        ***** comes on after the fact. What LARGE balls you have, jr.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                          You have to be a deep down ulterior motive hater to not recognize we're playing a lot better over the last few games than we were before.

I'm not saying IB keeps his job, but I'm saying we're playing better. "Trending downward" has long been one of my gripes about teams under his watch and it's good to see we've trended upwards.
                          It definitely feels like we've turned a corner .... That corner might still be in the basement ... But it's still progress.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Imagine the people who are going to think we've flipped a switch because of a good first half against Tulsa.
                            There’s several on here that have been gone for weeks that have magically resurfaced from the depths.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                              Man this conference is terrible this year. When a team like Temple is 8-2 it says something. Glad we are destroying someone.
                              Temple beat Houston at Houston

Comment

For the most part, I'm liking how are bigs are passing out of the post.

Comment

Working...
                                X