Funny Old Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Old Archive

I just stumbled upon this funny old archive on the New York Times. Make sure you make it to the last sentence!

Unbeatable Offer By Wichita State
    Wichita State will offer a money-back guarantee to basketball season-ticket holders. "We're getting a number of people who have expressed tremendous disappointment in the quality of play the last three years," Athletic Director Gary Hunter said today. "They've indicated they don't want to sit through another season like last year. " That's why Hunter will offer the money-back guarantee in letters next week to alumni in Sedgwick, Butler and Harvey Counties. But Hunter doesn't think many people will take him up on the offer, what with a new coach, Scott Thompson, running the team.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Ouch, that stings man.

Comment

They went 9-18 that year. I wonder if anybody took them up on that offer?

Comment

I wouldn't. 9-18 Shocker Ball >>>>>>> Undefeated KU ball #fact
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Looks like Scott is doing well working at the U of Arizona. Hasn't coached since his cancer diagnosis over a decade ago.

Comment

Those were funny times. I don't think I have ever seen a school offer a money back guarantee before. Well I know I haven't. I'm sure it's happened elsewhere, but that's some funny stuff.

Comment

Didn't something like that happen at ku a few years ago? Like football or something.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I tried to get my money back after Turge's first year. Schaus told me that because Turge said he knew what I wanted, he wanted it too, and he would deliver it, the refund wouldn't be granted. Something about the MT guarantee, guaranteeing WSU's guarantee for my guaranteed satisfaction of my entertainment dollar. Then Schaus guaranteed I would be able to watch Shocker basketball home games and not sit on a hard wooden bench soon. I withdrew my complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Didn't something like that happen at ku a few years ago? Like football or something.
                  1000th post a dig on ku. I deserve a cookie or something.

Comment

LMAO! Good job! Keep chokin' the chicken!

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

funny!
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Now Gary Hunter was an embarrassment all to himself. Thank God he left very quickly. Have you noticed any of our AD's that had or developed ties to ku has screwed us big time?

Comment

Considering 75% of your posts are digs on KU, the odds were in your favor.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                              Considering 75% of your posts are digs on KU, the odds were in your favor.
                              LOL and thank you, all of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X