Wichita State: vs Tulane (01/25/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Let's see if IB can once again get them coming out of the half with absolutely no energy.

A couple more games like this (so far - I'm not convinced this half means anything in the long run) and IB might be able to stick around another year. I think Saal has already made that decision, but if IB can show any signs of life the $$ savings for the the athletic department might be enough to tip the scales in IB's favor for another year.
    lol what are you smoking?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I put this in the need new head coach thread, but I'll put it here as well.

Pohto's line: 7-11 FG / 3-4 FT / 17 points / 9 rebounds / 4 assists / 2 TO / 1 steal / 2 blocks

Pohto made a layup with 15:43 left in the 2nd half. His next shot was a made jumper at 29 seconds left in OT.

That's a lack of coaching right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        I put this in the need new head coach thread, but I'll put it here as well.

Pohto's line: 7-11 FG / 3-4 FT / 17 points / 9 rebounds / 4 assists / 2 TO / 1 steal / 2 blocks

Pohto made a layup with 15:43 left in the 2nd half. His next shot was a made jumper at 29 seconds left in OT.

That's a lack of coaching right there.
        Yes!!!
        if the players won't do the obvious things that create success, that is 100% on the coach. IB doesn't seem like he has the personality to impose his will on the team

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
          We are 25 - 25 in our last 50 games under IB. We have 6 losses at home this year and still have to play Houston here. We have fallen so far in such a short time.
          Remember when certain idiots pointed out how IB was so far ahead of Gregg and Mark with his first 50 games (or whatever it was). Yeah, well, in Season 3, Gregg won 25 and was 20 minutes from winning Arch Madness. In season 3, Mark got the team to an NIT. In season 3, IB is going to get fired.

78-65

Comment

• Those idiots are MIA right now.

Anybody seen ShockerExpress lately?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• B83F006F-7C6A-4315-8E47-5891B28144A8.jpeg

Thanks Isaac, had me worried for a bit.

Comment

• WSU's guards have had problems against pressure all year, full court and half (help us out kel). So. Have. Rojas. Run. Point. In. The. Final. Minute?!? Of a game they're winning...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                  WSU's guards have had problems against pressure all year, full court and half (help us out kel). So. Have. Rojas. Run. Point. In. The. Final. Minute?!? Of a game they're winning...
                  Maybe the single dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. Rojas is a walking turnover. Tulane begged us to pass the ball to Rojas and we happily obliged.

Comment

• https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn3cqLNM...d=MWI4MTIyMDE=

well at least Doo Dah’s monkey bread got mentioned on national television

Comment

• So due to 'fortunate' circumstances, I had seats behind the bench last night......not the best view of the game, but AWESOME for observing the the whole in game experience. Had these seats a couple times in the Marshall years...THAT was eye opening....
                      Anyway...a few thoughts...
                      -reading young men's chemistry/mindsets is tricky business, but the players SEEM to support EACH OTHER......
                      -Poor Bear is built for 8-10 good minutes...plays hard team loves him
                      -the confidence and success in outside shooting in the first half was not there early in 2nd half...but as someone else mentioned, there was little effort to get it inside to Kenny, which IS a situation where it seems a timeout/reset makes sense
                      -again...VERY amateur psychologist here...Melvion not playing ANY early made Melvion late maybe more ineffective...and unhappy when pulled....
                      -Thought WSU ball movement/player movement early was much better...resulted in much better shot selection...
                      -when Porter does not have the ball, guard play drops off...
                      -I LOVED watching Tulane move the ball...the most unselfish, EFFECTIVE offensive team I've seen in years...how many inside layups?
                      -this team does not close well...up 8 with a couple to go it's almost like " here we go again"
                      -my pretzel was subpar....

There you go....couch potato observations

Comment

• Not sure what sitting behind the bench has to do with those observations, but I appreciate the post. I’d be more interested in coach speak during timeouts or anything you may have seen or heard that doesn’t show up on TV.

Comment

• Ball moved well the first half, that is for sure. CP missed a triple double by two assists and had zero turnovers. Our bench was 3-12 and they don't seem to understand their roles when they are in. That is poor coaching. They should have been trying to get the ball inside to KP instead of jacking up three's - that is poor coaching. Tulane was soft in the middle but IB just didn't seem to understand that and attack it in the 2nd half. It is so sad to see the current state of the program and all the empty seats. In the end I would think it is the empty seats that will eventually lead to IB being replaced hopefully sooner than later.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
                            We are 25 - 25 in our last 50 games under IB. We have 6 losses at home this year and still have to play Houston here. We have fallen so far in such a short time.
                            The most optimistic record I see of our remaining games is 5-5. Then Fort Worth. So almost no way to finish over .500. We get Cinci and Temple only once and already played Cinci. So that helps us. 10 of our 18 league games are against the bottom 5 in the league. Our 3 wins are against 3 of the bottom 4. Just frustrating to watch. Really pulling for the guys but sheesh. We shouldn't be this bad.

I thought the suits looked good last night. BTW. I wonder why Tulane wasn't participating?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                              I thought the suits looked good last night. BTW. I wonder why Tulane wasn't participating?
                              I think it's optional. Also some schools might do it on different weeks. I can't remember. Sounds like we haven't done the suits since COVID, so it could be that they're participating but just not wearing suits.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

The most optimistic record I see of our remaining games is 5-5. Then Fort Worth. So almost no way to finish over .500. We get Cinci and Temple only once and already played Cinci. So that helps us. 10 of our 18 league games are against the bottom 5 in the league. Our 3 wins are against 3 of the bottom 4. Just frustrating to watch. Really pulling for the guys but sheesh. We shouldn't be this bad.

You got me thinking.

@ECU - L, but there's a chance
                                vs Houston - L
                                @Tulsa - W, but there's a chance...
                                vs UCF - L
                                vs SMU - W, but there's a chance...
                                @ Temple - L
                                vs Memphis - L
                                @ Tulane - L
                                @ Houston - L
                                vs USF - L, but there's a chance

So I see four wins as best case scenario the rest of the way. But wouldn't be completely surprised if it were zero. I really don't see more than three more wins before Ft. Worth.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X