No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Memphis (01/19/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m watching FVV now to get my assist fix.

Comment

• Box score for the Memphis Tigers vs. Wichita State Shockers NCAAM game from January 19, 2023 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Comment

• Memphis played without 3 players who are or could be starters. Again, stop 1 of their 2 main scorers. Doesn’t seem to be that tough.

Perhaps it is for this bunch.

Comment

• The whole game they left Williams linger in the short corner typically with no one close and he’d either get the ball and attack or have a free run to the front of the rim for put backs or fouls.

Never made an adjustment.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Easy peazy!
            Yup, never a doubt.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
              Our top defense gave up 88 tonight.
              That’s because we aren’t playing SWAC teams anymore.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Watched most of tonights game.
                JP is a big time athlete, he's just not a very good basketball player.
                Rojas was determined tonight to show he can play with the big boys. He actually has talent, but not so much between the ears.

I really tried to figure out what semblance of an offense IB was trying to get his kids to run. I gave up after a few possessions.

There are some players on this team and can be assured there is enough talent they will sneak up on another team they shouldn't beat..but will.
                But enough lack of talent where they will lose to another ECU caliber team and everyone on here will just shake their heads.

It is just so hard to get attached to this team when you know few will be around next year.
                Surprised J Ricks hasn't already entered the dreaded portal. He has been MIA for the last few games now.

That is all.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Got in late and didn't watch the game. How did our set-up guy handle the press?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                    Watched most of tonights game.
                    JP is a big time athlete, he's just not a very good basketball player.
                    Rojas was determined tonight to show he can play with the big boys. He actually has talent, but not so much between the ears.

I really tried to figure out what semblance of an offense IB was trying to get his kids to run. I gave up after a few possessions.

There are some players on this team and can be assured there is enough talent they will sneak up on another team they shouldn't beat..but will.
                    But enough lack of talent where they will lose to another ECU caliber team and everyone on here will just shake their heads.

It is just so hard to get attached to this team when you know few will be around next year.
                    Surprised J Ricks hasn't already entered the dreaded portal. He has been MIA for the last few games now.

That is all.
                    As much as I wanted Ricks and Abbide to be good players, I’ve come to accept that they are actually in over their heads at this level. I appreciate them sticking around but we only have 3 guys that should return to this team. I would not be mad about Pierre coming back as the 4th if he put in a ton of time on his shooting in the off season. He kinda reminds me of a young David Kyles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

As much as I wanted Ricks and Abbide to be good players, I’ve come to accept that they are actually in over their heads at this level. I appreciate them sticking around but we only have 3 guys that should return to this team. I would not be mad about Pierre coming back as the 4th if he put in a ton of time on his shooting in the off season. He kinda reminds me of a young David Kyles.
                      Pierre needs a bump in BBIQ, as well. He takes some of the worst shots on the team in terms of timing. He's also wasting his athleticism trying to cement himself as a shooter. He has shot more than two FTs in only one game this year. It's like he's turned into Dexter Dennis, but without the lock-down defense.

If he would pattern his game after Jaykwon, I think he'd be a much more effective player.

Comment

• 1. We scored 78. That's a lot
                        2. We gave up 88. That's a helluva lot
                        3. JP is a shooting guard
                        4. We need a scoring guard
                        5. Pretty good numbers from Rojas
                        6. Sure appears he travels a lot
                        7. None of our subs would have a spot on the Tiger's bench
                        8. Maybe 2 of our starters? Maybe 3?
                        9. Keeping it to ten was a moral victory
                        10. Battle of the coaches? Two good ones........

Comment

• I do think having Ballard might have helped a lot in this game. We had no backup center and no one defensively in the post to stop Memphis/Williams. Just having some strong size in there might have also cut down on Williams' 15 boards (5 offensive).

I noticed a few times our decisions on defense led to open shots for Memphis. Having a player run 15-feet to try and double-team near the corner while there's a shooter sitting on the strong-side wing will always result in a wide-open shot. The ball-handler has too much time to see the double-team coming. When our secondary defenders have to help off their man, there is often either nobody to rotate to their guy or we're too slow getting there. That happened several times last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Pierre needs a bump in BBIQ, as well. He takes some of the worst shots on the team in terms of timing. He's also wasting his athleticism trying to cement himself as a shooter. He has shot more than two FTs in only one game this year. It's like he's turned into Dexter Dennis, but without the lock-down defense.

If he would pattern his game after Jaykwon, I think he'd be a much more effective player.
                            Did he play JUCO ball? Cuz there’s a lot of JUCO in him.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Probably played one of our better games, which produced double digit loss against opponent missing 3 starters. And no one blinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                We could play our best and still lose by double digits.

I obviously have no faith in the program right now.
                                Yes, we know.....

Comment

Working...
                                X