No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Memphis (01/19/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i like the way this team fights. if.. nobody transfers, they are going to grow a lot next year (or end of this year). bring him back, isaac brown.. let him get an experiencd team. skys the limit. ask jerome tang.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
      i like the way this team fights. if.. nobody transfers, they are going to grow a lot next year (or end of this year). bring him back, isaac brown.. let him get an experiencd team. skys the limit. ask jerome tang.
      Giving a bad coach and a roster with middling to low amounts of talent another year of “experience” will do nothing positive. Even with another coach this team’s ceiling is a 60s-70s KenPom team.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        i like the way this team fights. if.. nobody transfers, they are going to grow a lot next year (or end of this year). bring him back, isaac brown.. let him get an experiencd team. skys the limit. ask jerome tang.
        Tang brought in experienced D-1 players to anchor K St. In total, 6 seniors and 3 juniors are on the roster. The Cats top 4 players are 3 seniors and 1 junior, between them 10+ years D-1 experience, some at major programs, and they average almost 33 minutes per game between them.

Comment

• another jayhawk
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Tang brought in experienced D-1 players to anchor K St. In total, 6 seniors and 3 juniors are on the roster. The Cats top 4 players are 3 seniors and 1 junior, between them 10+ years D-1 experience, some at major programs, and they average almost 33 minutes per game between them.
            I think he was able to recruit talent because of the strong NIL that KSU seems to have

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

I think he was able to recruit talent because of the strong NIL that KSU seems to have
              The players are solid/experienced but take a look at the programs they came from. Seriously doubt there are big NIL deals involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

The players are solid/experienced but take a look at the programs they came from. Seriously doubt there are big NIL deals involved.
                You don’t think a personal goat in the dorm room has much pull?
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• WSU has been begging for a good point guard to run offense and settle down the team for the last 3-4 years, with the exception of 2020.

The last time the Shocks were in this much disarray on the hardwood Rob Baker was running the point. Remember that debacle? No one was blaming GGG. Weren't the Shocks a play-in team that year (I didn't look it up)? Wasn't that lineup more talented than this years team?

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; January 21, 2023, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                    WSU has been begging for a good point guard to run offense and settle down the team for the last 3-4 years, with the exception of 2020.

The last time the Shocks were in this much disarray on the hardwood Rob Baker was running the point. Remember that debacle? No one was blaming GGG. Weren't the Shocks a play-in team that year (I didn't look it up)? Wasn't that lineup more talented than this years team?
                    Who is Rob Baker? If you mean Ron Baker, WSU was never close to this bad while Ron was here. In fact, they were never bad when Ron was here.
                    the win totals while he was here..30, 35, 30 &26.
                    2016 was their worst during that time but seeded 43 in the tournament bracket and won 1st round game. Far cry from today.
                    Last edited by Atxshoxfan; January 21, 2023, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Who is Rob Baker?
                      He's the second cousin of Ron Barker.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

He's the second cousin of Ron Barker.
                        I miss Rob Barker and Fred VanFleet.

Comment

Who is Rob Baker? If you mean Ron Baker, WSU was never close to this bad while Ron was here. In fact, they were never bad when Ron was here.
                          the win totals while he was here..30, 35, 30 &26.
                          2016 was their worst during that time but seeded 43 in the tournament bracket and won 1st round game. Far cry from today.
                          To be fair .. when Baker ran the point .. it was ugly. really ugly. That was only for a couple games during the Thanksgiving tourney. I remember Iowa just clobbering us. That year ended up pretty good though.

Comment

Who is Rob Baker?.
                            At no fault to you since you didn’t appear to be around here back then, you have a lot to learn about some of the inside jokes of SN.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

At no fault to you since you didn’t appear to be around here back then, you have a lot to learn about some of the inside jokes of SN.

Thank you Reggie Miller. Don’t forget Malcom Armstrong.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

What happens in Aggieville stays in Aggieville

Comment

Working...
                                X