No announcement yet.

Players fear that Shockers losing "Winning Identity"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is being lost on the players because they do not respect the coaching staff. It's the same with children. If you don't instill discipline and a culture of how things are supposed to be done and stick to your word through the whole process, you lose respect and thus will have players who feel their best opporuntity is to forge their own way rather than believe you and respect you. It is clear from watching the team that they do not fear any sort of retribution from the coaches. The coaches preach it in interviews but I am not seeing it. Just my $0.02.

Comment

The camera flashed on the bench last night, IB was standing with his arms crossed with a confused look on his face, all non players were sitting there with no expression on their face, point guard SS walked off the floor and his face looked like he was asleep. Where the hell was the fire and anger? MTXE, Play Angry have turned into a sleep walk. GM lit a fire under the players and refs through out the game and the players and fans responded.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
        Isaac Brown doesn’t really come off as an arrogant person to me. Does he really not see the writing on the wall?
        It's nothing to do with arrogance. He's just trying to do the best he can, the best he knows how. That's what he's getting paid (large) to do. It isn't working, but that doesn't mean he should quit. He shouldn't.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

He may not resign but the pressure could make a lesser buy out appealing as compared to sticking around another year. When a person is unsuccessful in their job, they are miserable.
          Why would he take a lesser buyout? There's no incentive what-so-ever.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
            The camera flashed on the bench last night, IB was standing with his arms crossed with a confused look on his face, all non players were sitting there with no expression on their face, point guard SS walked off the floor and his face looked like he was asleep. Where the hell was the fire and anger? MTXE, Play Angry have turned into a sleep walk. GM lit a fire under the players and refs through out the game and the players and fans responded.
            The entire bench looks bored and apathetic especially the HC.

Comment

Did you see how happy XB was after hitting his worthless 3? The game was lost by that point.
              I'd had been too embarrassed to shown any glee.

Comment

Conner Frankamp misses 1 out of 25 and you would think the world was ending. XB hits 1 out of 25 and we get the dance of joy. And this is supposed to be a good 3 point shooter at Drexel.

Comment

4 assists against Cinci as a team and two of those were from KP at center. Brown keeps commenting on defense but doesn’t seem to understand that our offense is atrocious. We have no team chemistry and a piss poor team culture. Sure the transfer plague is partially to blame for that…. But I haven’t seen any improvement in any of these areas as the season has progressed. That’s the most damning thing as far as I’m concerned.

Comment

But that’s what a lot of people wanted. A nice guy players coach who wasn’t a big meanie.

Well, they got they wanted.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Conner Frankamp misses 1 out of 25 and you would think the world was ending. XB hits 1 out of 25 and we get the dance of joy. And this is supposed to be a good 3 point shooter at Drexel.
                      The system at WSU probably has alot to do with it. Look at the production of all the guys that transferred out. You don't magically forget how to shoot. The whole dang pile of garbage is causing this.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post

The system at WSU probably has alot to do with it. Look at the production of all the guys that transferred out. You don't magically forget how to shoot. The whole dang pile of garbage is causing this.
                        To be fair, it feels like we’ve had people be better shooters outside of our program for a long while now. We’re a defensive oriented program but our offense is rarely desirable.

Comment

Another "what's new" objective. It seems like we've hear this same song and dance before.

Wichita State basketball looking to shore up rebounding in South Florida road game

In a winless start to American Athletic Conference play, the lack of defensive rebounding has plagued the Wichita State men’s basketball team. The Shockers have allowed their opponents to grab 38.5% of available offensive rebounds, a small sample size, but if expanded for the entire season would rank as the fifth-worst mark in the country. After ranking among the nation’s elite defensive rebounding teams for decades, Wichita State has experienced a sharp drop-off under head coach Isaac Brown. Granted, Brown has found other ways to maintain a stingy defense, but the poor defensive rebounding has always perplexed the coach.

JMO, but I think that playing the zone defense half of the time makes it harder to find a man to screen out.
                          https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...270884137.html

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            I still don't think an in season firing accomplishes anything other than it shows the fans that change is coming.
                            If a change happens now, I start saving for season tickets for next year. I'm still not convinced it's happening until it does. I don't have faith in Muma to let it happen. So I'll continue being a former season ticket holder. I want change and I want it now. Especially after "I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing."

Comment

We might be able to see right away if a different coach, although an interim, can make a positive difference. Since things can't get a lot worse I'm not to worried about a negative difference unless it would mean losing Walton or KP due to the change. Before making a change I would have a private meeting with both to see if a coaching change would make a difference to them. Keeping those two is essential so we need to know their thoughts and make sure they have enough NIL $ to retain them Also Abidde if he gets to play more and does well. Then go after a darn good PG to go with Rogers at the SG, Walton at the SF, Abidde at PF and KP at center. More work to do but that would be a good nucleus for a new coach to work with.

Comment

To be fair .. He WAS a good shooter at Drexel .. not supposedly. That's the crazy part. His first two years he shot nearly 38% from 3 on 96 attempts. Would be hard to predict he would come in and be 6-36 on the year .. I can't pinpoint what causes it because he's been wide open and wasn't even close on most this year. I'm guessing its just a confidence thing as everything has struggled too. That and our "plays" don't get him in the spots he likes .. probably because they end up being rushed last second shots after taking 9.75 seconds to get across court, 10 seconds to dribble at the top and do nothing, then 10 seconds of passing/dribbling around the 3 pt line.

Comment

Working...
                                X