Matt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt

I don't think Matt playing again is worth the risk.
    In the fast lane

Sorry, I do not have enough information to make an informed choice.

Whatever MB decides, if he gets cleared by the doctors, is fine with me.

Comment

I don't want him to play again but for selfish reasons. I think we all are going to support him completely in whatever decision he makes.

May God bless Matt and his family as they make this tough decision.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

What rules would apply if Matt were to wear a helmet?
        Is there any precedent?
        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
        Students > Alumni
        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

I would like to see Matt in a suit for the rest of the season, put on a Shocker uni for senior night, take the floor and start the game for a possession or two, and then exit knowing few gave as much as he did in a Shocker uniform. He did well. :D :goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker
            I would like to see Matt in a suit for the rest of the season, put on a Shocker uni for senior night, take the floor and start the game for a possession or two, and then exit knowing few gave as much as he did in a Shocker uniform. He did well. :D :goshocks:
            If he has to sit out, I think this is a wondeful idea.

Comment

i agree with that scenario...a well deserved send off on senior night would be outstanding.

Comment

That's a great idea. But it might be hard to get him out of the game!

Comment

I Like that. I was thinking something along the lines of not having him warm up but letting him change right before they come out at the 3 minute mark. Matt gets the last introduction and then the 2 teams have a "gentlemens agreement" that we win the tip and pass it back to Matt so he can take a couple of dribbles, salute the now SCREAMING 10478 and jog over to the sidelines and hand the ball off to Gregg and take himself out of the game.

That would work for me at least.

Comment

As long as "Welcome To The Jungle" or "Enter Sandman" is played before/during he is announced to onto the court though.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                      I Like that. I was thinking something along the lines of not having him warm up but letting him change right before they come out at the 3 minute mark. Matt gets the last introduction and then the 2 teams have a "gentlemens agreement" that we win the tip and pass it back to Matt so he can take a couple of dribbles, salute the now SCREAMING 10478 and jog over to the sidelines and hand the ball off to Gregg and take himself out of the game.

Hollywood couldn't write a better ending (if he couldn't play the rest of the season).

Comment

Originally posted by Shockra
                        Originally posted by WuDrWu

Hollywood couldn't write a better ending (if he couldn't play the rest of the season).
                        Agree... just reading about it makes my hair stand up on the back of my neck... well, at least the few hairs I have remaining.
                        :good:
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                          What rules would apply if Matt were to wear a helmet?
                          Is there any precedent?
                          I don't have enough information to offer an opinion.

If Matt was cleared, decided to play and wore protective gear which would GREATLY reduce his chances of injury, I would cheer for him as loudly as anyone.

Mt gut feeling is that he will not be back. In addition, I think I would carry a certain amount of guilt if he came back and was seriously injured, even though I have no input in nor influence over his decision. If he came back, it would in part be because he wants to play and I'm fine with this. However, some motivation for returning might come from the fact that we really need him and this is the part that bothers me.
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Matt needs to dress in a suit, sit the bench, and observe GM and his assistants in preparation on becoming a future assistant/coach. There is no benefit for Matt coming back, helmet or not, and risking getting his dome injured again and then living with the uncertainty of what long term effects may rise from his concussions.

If the Shox had something to play for, if they were a Top 40 team with the potential of doing great things later in the year, then maybe, just maybe I could see Matt coming back and going out on top as a Senior. But this team in going nowhere but down and his long term health is far more important than risking additional injury by playing his arse off on a team that stinks.

The only thing I would like to see is Matt on senior night, dress for the game, start and play until the first clock stoppage and then being substituted out with a standing ovation from the crowd.

Comment

Matt should be done. He may have already caused some permanent damage that he is yet to suffer from in the future.

T

...8)

Comment

Working...
                              X