No announcement yet.

Matt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would absolutely love for Matt to be in dress clothes Saturday night and then sometime in the second half quickly switch into a uniform, come into the game with about 10 seconds left and bury another three at the buzzer to sink the Blowjays hearts and scream as loud as I've ever screamed before (well since 2/14/06).

I guess I can just dream.. :)

My best wishes to Matt no matter what happens. That senior night idea would truly be unforgettable. I like it.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

There should be a 3rd option: Only if it won't cause further damage or future damage if another concussion should occur.
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

After reading Lutz's article today, I am left with the impression that it is highly likely that MB is done for the season. It does not appear he has made much progress during the past week or so.

I have been, at times, very critical of MB as a basketball player during the last four years. But I never questioned his heart. Unlike some of the current players on this team, you could always count on MB giving maximum effort. Moreover, he continued to improve. I thought his defense improved a great deal this year, which I was particularly pleased with because in prior years I thought MB was simply overmatched at times. I didn't get that impression at all this year and he played some pretty good guards. Put very simply, not that it really matters, MB has nothing left to prove to me as a basketball player.

Given that this is his fourth concussion and he is still experiencing symptoms – I hate to write it but I do not think he should suit up. Clearly, I don't have all the information but from the outside looking in the risk of further injury appears to be too high.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker
          I would like to see Matt in a suit for the rest of the season, put on a Shocker uni for senior night, take the floor and start the game for a possession or two, and then exit knowing few gave as much as he did in a Shocker uniform. He did well. :D :goshocks:
          Agree. With a great standing ovation. Heck, there might not be a dry eye in the joint when he walks off that court for the last time as a player.
          :cry:
          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I 've got to admit my limited knowledge concerning concussions. Sure, I knew they could, after a cumulation, be serious, but that is about as far as my understand went. I'm sure many of you are much more cognizant. For those of you who want to find out more:

Step 1: Go to google.com, type in concussions, and choose any of the articles posted about the subject.

Step 2: Understand what physically happens to the brain during and after the initial concussion. Now take into consideration that Matt has had four concussions and is making what seems to be a somewhat slower recovery from the previous ones.

Step 3: Now justify why he should ever play again other than, "he should be allowed to do whatever he wants to do."

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              I don't want him to play again but for selfish reasons. I think we all are going to support him completely in whatever decision he makes.
              May God bless Matt and his family as they make this tough decision.
              Agree....Matt needs to save whatever head traumas for his future life. His next head bang may occur in a traffic accident, or a head bump while playing with one of his future children, or slipping on some ice and falling. He doesn't owe the university anything and should not feel obligated to play any more. Save it, young man......

Comment

KSN might have some info on the 10pm news. They showed him during intro.

Comment

Casey Walkup's interview with Matt brought more than tears to my eyes.

They also showed how Matt went down against DU.

He did get some help.

3 things I learned from that interview:

1) Matt's going to have a great life.

2) I am not half the man Matt is.

3) Senior night is going to be extremely painful. I already knew that but judging from my reaction watching the interview, it's going to be far worse than I imagined.

Comment

I imagine a lot of tears on Senior Night. And that's just from me.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                    X