Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs East Carolina (12/31/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their bench/coaching staff looks so engaged. Ours looks like they want to be anywhere but here.
    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
      Who said our defense doesn’t suck?
      Its just a very soft zone that looks ok as long as the opponent isn’t hitting threes.

Comment

We’d be down 15+ without Shama Lama Ding Dong…
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Further adjusting predictions now.

Comment

This should be a blowout.
            The Assman

Comment

Rojas and his double pumps getting blocked.

Comment

Porter is gonna hurt himself worse. He’s not even close to healthy and it shows
                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

I think this is clearly showing our weaknesses more than any other game so far.

We don't offense. Simply put, we rarely play more than 1 to 2 seconds of good offense per possession. We play extremely slowly while still matching our speed with sloppiness. Our stutters give the defense the chance to catch back up after every pass. We go minutes without using the post, without looking at a screener, without penetrating inside the 3pt line. We make a lot of one handed passes.

What ends up happening is that our 'best' offense is a short spurt of passes into a semi open three. Porter is our most important person simply because he is the only player that does anything else consistently.

I'm not going to lie; this is perhaps worst college offense I have seen.

In this game we've been massively lucky to hit a bunch of 3s and still are getting whipped because of bad play on the other end of the court (and also, lucky 3s still not being a good offense). We've given up a ton of easy rebounds and fast break points.

Our fundamentals are often horrific. It is inexucasble to be this far down with one of our better shooting and TO performances in a half.

Comment

Ricks!

Comment

Classic Rojas. Bitching about an obvious foul
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Pohto sighting!

Comment

The 1st half can summed like this...if the Scott kid doesn't bomb in 4 25 footers, this game is over.
                          They have absolutely nothing inside if Pohto doesn't play hard.
                          Nothing.
                          Zero.
                          Nada.

So its bomb away from outside and hope they go in.
                          Not hard to scout this team.

That is all.
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                            Porter is gonna hurt himself worse. He’s not even close to healthy and it shows
                            Does WSU have more assists than TO's at the half? I think they do.

Comment

Scouting report on potential recruit: Can dribble the ball loosely guarded 30' from the basket

IB: Sign him up! That's our game!
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

As much as we need CP he needs to sit. Only about 50%. Bell needs to sit, period. Would like to see QB and KP in together. 3-2 zone with them. Get back on D and we might pull this out. Still don't like a lot of things I am seeing.

Comment

Working...
                                X