The Official Wichita State vs. Oklahoma State Full Stack Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post

it will be interesting to see how he and Ballard match up. Pohto will struggle against Cisse, IMO.
    My thought exactly. Photo (although a pretty good player) just doesn't seem to have that "anticipation" factor going. Either that or instincts too slow.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

My thought exactly. Photo (although a pretty good player) just doesn't seem to have that "anticipation" factor going. Either that or instincts too slow.
      lack of speed, lack of strength and a 6 inch vertical does not match well with Cisse

Comment

Not picking on just you AZ Shocker , but it is not PHOto it is POHto and the same goes with the phonetics.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Not picking on just you AZ Shocker , but it is not PHOto it is POHto and the same goes with the phonetics.
            Thx. To remind myself on the correct spelling maybe I'll put a photo of Pohto next to my desktop next time Pohto wins a jump ball.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

When was the last time we won at IBA?

Comment

Remember those Joe Biden "I did that" stickers that people were putting on gas pumps?

Someone needs to make some of those with pictures of Isaac Brown and Darron Boatright. Then take a picture of what is likely to be a 2/3 empty IBA, with parts of the top curtained off, and put those stickers all over that picture.

Seriously it's sad. This program worked so hard to get to the point where it could routinely get home and homes with P5 schools. When it would actually happen, the place would be sold out and crazy. Fast forward 5-10 years, and we'll be lucky to draw 7,000 for OSU in our downtown arena, on a Saturday night. Not that I don't blame people for not showing up. I'm not going. It's just sad. How long before P5 schools stop scheduling us because they don't want the bad loss?

Comment

Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                  Someone needs to make some of those with pictures of Isaac Brown and Darron Boatright.
                  I disagree with this.

One man "did that" regarding Shocker athletics, by being a somewhat inexperienced but mostly negligent nincompoop in the school's primary leadership position for athletics. He didn't even try to make WSU athletics better.

The other is trying his ass off to turn his situation around the best that he can, but unfortunately time will probably show that he just does not have the experience to achieve the results he wants and needs to make.

If we're gonna make "I did that" stickers, they're ADDB stickers all day every day.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I disagree with this.

One man "did that" regarding Shocker athletics, by being a somewhat inexperienced but mostly negligent nincompoop in the school's primary leadership position for athletics. He didn't even try to make WSU athletics better.

The other is trying his ass off to turn his situation around the best that he can, but unfortunately time will probably show that he just does not have the experience to achieve the results he wants and needs to make.

If we're gonna make "I did that" stickers, they're ADDB stickers all day every day.
                    Yep. I think most of this board agrees that IB is a good dude (and to his credit, has no one who said he has ever treated them poorly), but he's not the right person to lead the program.

I genuinely believe IB is doing his best, but again, his success is judged by results. And the results are not there.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I disagree with this.

That's a fair point. From everything I can see, IB is a great guy, and he is working as hard as he can to lead the basketball team to success.

There's just one problem. He's not very good at his job. If we suck at our jobs in real life, no matter how good of people we are, we get fired.

I don't blame IB for being in the position he's in. He was offered the job and he accepted, as he should. I hope he has success here. If his tenure here ends with him getting fired, I have no doubt he'll land on his feet with a good paying assistant job at a D1 school. Maybe even a head coaching job at a small D1 school.

It still doesn't change the fact that he's not good at his job and has contributed to the disaster we have now.

Yes, I agree, the ultimate fault lies with Boatright for hiring IB and locking him in for 5 years at 1M per year.

Comment

Originally posted by cjp27 View Post

That's a fair point. From everything I can see, IB is a great guy, and he is working as hard as he can to lead the basketball team to success.

There's just one problem. He's not very good at his job. If we suck at our jobs in real life, no matter how good of people we are, we get fired.

I don't blame IB for being in the position he's in. He was offered the job and he accepted, as he should. I hope he has success here. If his tenure here ends with him getting fired, I have no doubt he'll land on his feet with a good paying assistant job at a D1 school. Maybe even a head coaching job at a small D1 school.

It still doesn't change the fact that he's not good at his job and has contributed to the disaster we have now.

Yes, I agree, the ultimate fault lies with Boatright for hiring IB and locking him in for 5 years at 1M per year.
                        Peter Principal in effect.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                          When was the last time we won at IBA?
                          2019. OU. The game before the last one.

78-65

Comment

Game summary of the Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. Wichita State Shockers NCAAM game, final score 59-49, from December 17, 2022 on ESPN.

Oklahoma State Favored by 4 points

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

2019. OU. The game before the last one.
                              The Austin Reeves reunion…
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Meanwhile on the basketball front…OSU currently is a 4.5 point favorite with O/U 129.

Comment

Working...
                                X