Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: at Kansas State (12/03/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think there was enough evidence, at least from what we were shown on TV, to overturn that call. If you're dribbling a ball and someone pokes it out and the camera angle is from in front of or behind it, it's going to look like your hand is still "on" the ball for a split second. But in real life action, as fast as these things happen, it's possible that after that ball was poked out that Porter's hand never touched it after that. You would need a good camera angle directly from the side to see if there was a gap between his hand and the ball after it was poked out. They didn't show that. They had angles from the front and the back.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
      I don't think there was enough evidence, at least from what we were shown on TV, to overturn that call. If you're dribbling a ball and someone pokes it out and the camera angle is from in front of or behind it, it's going to look like your hand is still "on" the ball for a split second. But in real life action, as fast as these things happen, it's possible that after that ball was poked out that Porter's hand never touched it after that. You would need a good camera angle directly from the side to see if there was a gap between his hand and the ball after it was poked out. They didn't show that. They had angles from the front and the back.
      Exactly. You had to make assumptions to overturn the call. I felt like the refs overturned it to avoid the crowd booing them out of the building.

Comment

• The Shocks were handling them fairly easily the first 30+ minutes and then. The. Wheels. Fell. Off.

Having S. Scott and JW bring the ball up the court was working beautifully and then a change was made and the game turned a little. Bad shooting came to the fore and it was just a matter of time after that. It might have made a difference or not, and it probably did, but losing Walton for a pivotal 5 minutes really hurt a lot also.

Between Pierre and Bell WSU has a problem at the 2. CP really is their best 2, and it worked really good for about 15 minutes (only) last night.

Is IB starting to hold players accountable for practice performance? It seems like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Exactly. You had to make assumptions to overturn the call. I felt like the refs overturned it to avoid the crowd booing them out of the building.
          Both announcers even said there wasn’t enough evidence to overturn the call. Not sure it would have made a difference anyway, we probably would have committed another silly charge, palm, traveled or thrown the ball away immediately. Ole Ross is spinning in his grave.

“Just give it away"
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
            The Shocks were handling them fairly easily the first 30+ minutes and then. The. Wheels. Fell. Off.

Having S. Scott and JW bring the ball up the court was working beautifully and then a change was made and the game turned a little. Bad shooting came to the fore and it was just a matter of time after that. It might have made a difference or not, and it probably did, but losing Walton for a pivotal 5 minutes really hurt a lot also.

Between Pierre and Bell WSU has a problem at the 2. CP really is their best 2, and it worked really good for about 15 minutes (only) last night.

Is IB starting to hold players accountable for practice performance? It seems like it.
            CP is our best 2, but we desperately need a a good PG. Scott should be 2nd string behind a good PG, and no Craig is not it, Also, if Bell and Rojas play more than 5 MPG it’s too much.

Comment

• I thought the same thing Dan - it was a gutless call for a couple reasons. Having said that looking forward here are a couple changes I would make. I would not let Rojas ( 4 assists to 22 turnovers) handle the ball anywhere but the low post where he SHOULD be playing on offense. That is the only thing he does well on offense. He has a little Teddy Buckets in him in the paint. Okafor at the four spot with KP playing there when Okafor is resting. KP also playing some minutes at the five spot but as a post up guy when playing center. CP is really good but none of our other guards are producing. Wonder if Walton could play the two guard but then we would need someone to replace him at the three. Okafor? Just trying out some random thoughts on all of you.

Comment

• "1 fg in final 10 minutes."

-------------Taylor Eldridge

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  I thought the same thing Dan - it was a gutless call for a couple reasons. Having said that looking forward here are a couple changes I would make. I would not let Rojas ( 4 assists to 22 turnovers) handle the ball anywhere but the low post where he SHOULD be playing on offense. That is the only thing he does well on offense. He has a little Teddy Buckets in him in the paint. Okafor at the four spot with KP playing there when Okafor is resting. KP also playing some minutes at the five spot but as a post up guy when playing center. CP is really good but none of our other guards are producing. Wonder if Walton could play the two guard but then we would need someone to replace him at the three. Okafor? Just trying out some random thoughts on all of you.
                  We have 2 good guards for the 3 guard spots, that’s the problem. Scott is probably the 3rd best so he has to play point. Big drop off after those 3. Pierre has the makings of a good guard, but he’s way too undisciplined.

Comment

• Right again Dan if your talking about the SF as a guard. CP is our ONLY good true guard. Personally, I still think he has to be our PG with SS as his back up. If your talking three guard line up we only have two decent ones and ZERO depth. CP is our best PG and our best two guard but he can only play one at a time so IB has to pick his poison at the other guard position. Right now he has VERY limited options.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Both announcers even said there wasn’t enough evidence to overturn the call. Not sure it would have made a difference anyway, we probably would have committed another silly charge, palm, traveled or thrown the ball away immediately. Ole Ross is spinning in his grave.

“Just give it away"
                      George Strait - Give it away - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Are you or anyone else in this quandary? If IB turns this around, maybe even just a little, does that just prolong the inevitable? Does anyone think IB is the correct long-term answer? Has anyone else resigned to accepting the L's because it hastens the change in coaching?
                        Me. I know. I know. I'm not a fan because at this point I'm hoping this team bottoms out and piles up L's. IMO hovering around 500 and middle of the AAC with outside shot of NIT is a nightmare scenario. I'm afraid IB can recruit just well enough for that quagmire scenario to continually play out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Me. I know. I know. I'm not a fan because at this point I'm hoping this team bottoms out and piles up L's. IMO hovering around 500 and middle of the AAC with outside shot of NIT is a nightmare scenario. I'm afraid IB can recruit just well enough for that quagmire scenario to continually play out.
                          I’m in the same boat, sad to say. Don’t think I’ll be watching either of the next two or three games honestly speaking, and I was someone who stayed up to 3am to watch.

I really hope something happens at the end of the season. It’s really quite depressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I’m in the same boat, sad to say. Don’t think I’ll be watching either of the next two or three games honestly speaking, and I was someone who stayed up to 3am to watch.

I really hope something happens at the end of the season. It’s really quite depressing.
                            That's just crazy to be depressed by this................and I am in the same boat.

Comment

• Well they did exceed expectations of 26 of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

“Just give it away"
                                They did untill the last camera angle. I didn't have any issue with the reversal after the final camera shot. I will assure all of us on this fine forum. If the roles were reversed we would have seen it the way it played out.

Comment

Working...
                                X