Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: at Kansas State (12/03/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Let's say 7-5 non-conference and 9-9 conference. 16-14 going to Fort Worth. That's purgatory. Maybe not bad enough to make change. Definitely not good enough to have any optimism going forward.
    That's the exact scenario I'm afraid of that could play out year after year. IB recruits at a certain level that will keep us out of the cellar yet we're capped at .500

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

That's the exact scenario I'm afraid of that could play out year after year. IB recruits at a certain level that will keep us out of the cellar yet we're capped at .500
      Most important thing about that kind of record, no donor is going to get on board.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        KenPom has had a pretty good handle on WSU this year.
        Sagarin as well.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Anyone clamoring for Scott to take over the PG position, thoughts on this?

31 minutes
          6 points on 3-12 shooting
          3 TO's
          1 assist

Not that Porter was much better as a PG in this game, but let's put this thought to bed. The best shot this team has is with Porter at the point. I do like the Scott / Porter combo together for certain situations.

More critical is 5 assists on 19 FG and 16 more turnovers. This team is undisciplined, unorganized, and lacking coaching on the offensive side of the ball. This season is circling the drain really quickly I am afraid. Two teams on completely different trajectories was my main takeaway from this game. Sad to see...

The out of bounds call on Porter at the end was trash. At a minimum there was no evidence to overturn it.

The announcers could have possibly been the two worst I have ever heard. Did they pull the color guy out of the stands five minutes before the game? Sounded like it.
          Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; December 5, 2022, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=MikeKennedyRulZ;n1369090]This team is undisciplined, unorganized, and lacking coaching on the offensive side of the ball. This season is circling the drain really quickly I am afraid./QUOTE]

Sadly for me, this comment is spot-on for both of my favorite teams in all of sports: Shocker Basketball and Denver Broncos football. FML.
            78-65

Comment

• [QUOTE=WuShock16;n1369091]
              Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              This team is undisciplined, unorganized, and lacking coaching on the offensive side of the ball. This season is circling the drain really quickly I am afraid./QUOTE]

Sadly for me, this comment is spot-on for both of my favorite teams in all of sports: Shocker Basketball and Denver Broncos football. FML.
              A lot of similarities between your two favorite teams including coaches and offensive futility.

Comment

• And I forgot to mention two other things:

Ballard has rocks for hands

Rojas should never be allowed to drive from the top of the key the rest of the season. If he does, yank him out and he sits the rest of the game. He is not a wing / stretch 3 but he thinks he is. Get your butt in the paint and maybe work on a mid-range.

Comment

Let's say 7-5 non-conference and 9-9 conference. 16-14 going to Fort Worth. That's purgatory. Maybe not bad enough to make change. Definitely not good enough to have any optimism going forward.
                  This era of shocker basketball will be known as the "Dismal 20's" in Shocker history.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                    Ballard has rocks for hands

Comment

• MKR -Were starting to think alike. QB can help defensively and rebounding if he stays within 5-7 feet of the basket. KP is much better offensively with better potential. Also agree that CP is the main PG. Rojas is talented but a turnover machine. Walton is solid. I hate that JP is so undisciplined but at least he has the talent to work with. My depth chart reads:
                      C - KP, Rojas, QB, Bear
                      PF - GO, Rojas, and experiment with KP
                      SF - Walton for as long as he can stand up, give Thengval a chance, Ricks
                      SG - JP until he plays himself out with bad behavior or selfish play, Ricks, XB
                      PG - CP 34-36, Scott, give McBride a few minutes in a game or two we are way ahead or behind........who knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        MKR -Were starting to think alike. QB can help defensively and rebounding if he stays within 5-7 feet of the basket. KP is much better offensively with better potential. Also agree that CP is the main PG. Rojas is talented but a turnover machine. Walton is solid. I hate that JP is so undisciplined but at least he has the talent to work with. My depth chart reads:
                        C - KP, Rojas, QB, Bear
                        PF - GO, Rojas, and experiment with KP
                        SF - Walton for as long as he can stand up, give Thengval a chance, Ricks
                        SG - JP until he plays himself out with bad behavior or selfish play, Ricks, XB
                        PG - CP 34-36, Scott, give McBride a few minutes in a game or two we are way ahead or behind........who knows?
                        I'd try Abbide at the 4 in lieu of Rojas. I don't wanna see Rojas floating out to the perimeter anymore.

Comment

• Might as well weigh in with how I’d run the depth chart this season

PG - CP3, Scott
                          SG - XB, CP3 w Scott at PG
                          SF - Walton, Ricks
                          PF - GO, KP at times, Abidde
                          C - KP, Ballard, PB

Anyone else DNPs or used only in emergencies. Probably only 7-8 deep most games as I don’t think we have more than 8+/-1 guys who deserve minutes.
                          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• We need Ballard to get some quality minutes against Longwood just to get him comfortable in the offense and see if his defense against K-State was legit.

Comment

• I am guessing anything short of the NIT will result in a coaching change. SASO memberships are down from about 2,350 to about 1,200. The potential additional drop of SASO and Season Ticket Sales next spring, if we don’t get to the NIT will probably force ADKS to replace IB. I think anything less than the NIT every other year warrants a coaching change. We are 19 and 19 in our last 38 games. I don’t think if we finish as an example 30 and 30 in our last 60 games going back to the loss in the 2021 conference tournament and the loss to Drake in the NCAA, ADKS will probably be looking for a new coach. Just my take.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                This team is undisciplined, unorganized, and lacking coaching on the offensive side of the ball. This season is circling the drain really quickly I am afraid.
                                Hahahahahahaha. At least some of us have the chiefs.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X