Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: at Kansas State (12/03/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    I thought it was a pretty insignificant request. Didn’t know it would create so much angst.
    This escalated way too quickly. Somebody needs to grow some thicker skin or get back on their meds.

It’s not like anyone said to stop posting period. Sheesh.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Ha Ha, AGAIN! Seriously, that is what you are going with ShockerFever as your rebuttal? Since you joined shockernet.net you have averaged about 6.1 posts every day. I have averaged about 1.4 posts per day since i joined. In addition, you said i would catch and pass you "in two weeks". Let's see; you have 37,965 posts, minus my 5,776 posts equals 32,189 posts needed to catch you, not "eclipse" you, but just to catch up to you. That equates to 2,299 per day (32,189/14 days), or 96 per hour (2,299/24 hours), or 1.6 per minute (96/60 minutes).

In Law School and to paraphrase, they teach you too argue the facts. If the facts are against you, pound the keyboard and yell louder.

I am looking forward to your summation IN ALL UPPER CASE!
      Imagine if fever started a new thread for every post he made o_O
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

RoyalShock Is this a suggestion, or a mandate?

And too TrackSuitAndTie, BostonWu, ShockTalk, ShockerFever, WstateU, SubGod22, shoxlax, Kel Varnsen and the rest of you keyboard warrior wanna-be's...You want me on this blog, you need me on this blog. And while my posts might be seen as grotesque and incomprehensible to you, it makes the forum better. You don't want the truth because deep down I do the work that you and others refuse to do. I would rather you just said thank you, and go on your way, otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard, and start posting. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think of my threads.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I think if we play like we did most of the second half last game, minus the fts we can make it a game. We had some great streaches and some horrible stretches. We need a point guard big time. Move porter at the two as was brought up. Walton at the 3. That frees our two best scoring options up. Need some consistent play underneath, I liked the effort from Photos and Rojas. Both need to keep improving and Photo needs to post up more, saw a little of that. Needs to keep lifting the weights.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

So just how many minutes is Scott going to play and/or who else can take on that duty?
            Maybe this guy, Melvin Flanagan……
            Junior College:
            Two-time all-region performer at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in Perkinston, Miss, averaged over 20 points-per-game for his career… As a sophomore topped 20 points in 17 of his 25 contests and ranked 21st on the NJCAA national scoring list (20.6 ppg)… Led his conference in three-point field goals (79) and ranked fourth in free throw percentage (.846)… Also put up 3.4 assists and 1.9 steals… Earned all-region status as a freshman when he averaged 19.9 points… In an abbreviated 17-game season, led his conference in field goals (108), free throws (84) and minutes (.857), ranked second in three-pointers (39) and third in free throw percentage (.857)

Comment

And too TrackSuitAndTie, BostonWu, ShockTalk, ShockerFever, WstateU, SubGod22, shoxlax, Kel Varnsen and the rest of you keyboard warrior wanna-be's...You want me on this blog, you need me on this blog. And while my posts might be seen as grotesque and incomprehensible to you, it makes the forum better. You don't want the truth because deep down I do the work that you and others refuse to do. I would rather you just said thank you, and go on your way, otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard, and start posting. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think of my threads.

Well said Col. Jessup!!!

Comment

This is the first time I've ever been called a keyboard warrior wanna-be. I also don't even recall saying anything.

I'm also surprised he's been so defensive about a harmless request.

Someone needs a nap.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If this is how you react when shown appreciation (no one asked you to stop posting or to go away, just to combine some stuff in one thread and name the title of others differently), I'd hate to see what happens when confronted with an outright insult.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

If this is how you react when shown appreciation (no one asked you to stop posting or to go away, just to combine some stuff in one thread and name the title of others differently), I'd hate to see what happens when confronted with an outright insult.
                    I agree with the sentiment it would be a perfect item to put into one post that is put at the top as a sticky, being it is clearly an ongoing item.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      This is the first time I've ever been called a keyboard warrior wanna-be. I also don't even recall saying anything.

I'm also surprised he's been so defensive about a harmless request.

Someone needs a nap.
                      First, I've always respected and appreciated Reaper's posts, I know it's definitely a time commitment; I'm a little 'miffed' to be included in the @'s list, but that's ok.

I'll be the first to admit I provide very little substance to Shockernet (I'll keep the primary reason to myself), but I get my daily supply of humor here and it helps keep me sane in this crazy world we live in.

Also, I don't believe Reaper's a 'he'... I'm pretty sure "he's" a 'she'...

Reverse this... "Mrs. Doubtfire! He's a she! She's a he! He's a she-she!"

RIP Robin...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We're having off-season issues on shockernet in the middle of basketball season. I guess that says something about the state of our program.

Geez

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Maybe this guy, Melvin Flanagan……
                          Junior College:
                          Two-time all-region performer at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in Perkinston, Miss, averaged over 20 points-per-game for his career… As a sophomore topped 20 points in 17 of his 25 contests and ranked 21st on the NJCAA national scoring list (20.6 ppg)… Led his conference in three-point field goals (79) and ranked fourth in free throw percentage (.846)… Also put up 3.4 assists and 1.9 steals… Earned all-region status as a freshman when he averaged 19.9 points… In an abbreviated 17-game season, led his conference in field goals (108), free throws (84) and minutes (.857), ranked second in three-pointers (39) and third in free throw percentage (.857)
                          I know he's only played 3 minutes and was 2-2 from the line, but with his other lone stat of 1 TO, it appears that he, along with Abidde and Ricks, has disappeared from the floor. Maybe with 16 players on the team, HCIB can't see that far down the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                            I think if we play like we did most of the second half last game, minus the fts we can make it a game. We had some great streaches and some horrible stretches. We need a point guard big time. Move porter at the two as was brought up. Walton at the 3. That frees our two best scoring options up. Need some consistent play underneath, I liked the effort from Photos and Rojas. Both need to keep improving and Photo needs to post up more, saw a little of that. Needs to keep lifting the weights.
                            Yes! Let's take the one guy who leads the team in every imaginable statistical category and is the team leader (likely the sole leader) and move him to an off-position and play a kid with little to no D1 point gaurd experience 30-35 minutes a game with no backup. Sounds like a great plan.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              We're having off-season issues on shockernet in the middle of basketball season. I guess that says something about the state of our program.

Geez
                              Wishing it was the offseason circa 2024/25

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

First, I've always respected and appreciated Reaper's posts, I know it's definitely a time commitment; I'm a little 'miffed' to be included in the @'s list, but that's ok.

I'll be the first to admit I provide very little substance to Shockernet (I'll keep the primary reason to myself), but I get my daily supply of humor here and it helps keep me sane in this crazy world we live in.

Also, I don't believe Reaper's a 'he'... I'm pretty sure "he's" a 'she'...

Reverse this... "Mrs. Doubtfire! He's a she! She's a he! He's a she-she!"

RIP Robin...

It all makes sense now…

first time in a while I’ve been left of a pissy @ list.

Comment

Working...
                                X