Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. San Francisco (11/22/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

IPBC was injured most of last season and averaged 21 minutes in the three games he played at Omaha.
    Track,
    And in the games he did average 22+ minutes/game, he averaged 7 points and 4 Rebs/game.
    Once again... at Omaha.

Omaha doesn't exactly recruit and sign a lot of 6'9" studs.
    If IPBC was considered a major cog in the Mavericks machine, you have to think they would have made an offer he couldn't refuse before he started sending text messages to HCIB.
    Just sayin'

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Dan,
      Didn't take long for you to come around.
      There were various reasons guys like Rojas, Ballard and Pierre were readily available.
      Now you have visual evidence to understand why.
      Who made the decision to put out the welcome mat for these guys?

I had heard Rojas pulled some of the same shiit he has pulled in Wichita and was essentially told to find another lily pad to land on or he would get some help packing to leave Tuscaloosa.

The thought of this team trying to match up against Houston is downright scary.
      Fortunately, we will only have to watch it twice this year and then we get Rice and the other leftovers from C-USA.

Speaking of scary things, the best low post player on the team (so far) couldn't get off the bench for Omaha.
      Yikes.

Another scary thing...Tarleton...

That is all.
      I needed a larger sample size. I had hope for Pierre, I like his athleticism but we don’t need 2 guards that can’t make baskets at a decent clip. I also like Okafor but the dude plays like 60% effort it seems like. He’s supposed to be high energy. When I think high energy, I think Rashard Kelly. Okafor has a long way to go and no time to t get there. I also like the prospect of grooming Ballard to be a beast in a year or 2, maybe he will pan out. Here’s the problem, we have too many damn projects on this team and not enough legit players. I’m also really bummed about how much Ricks and Abbide must suck to not be playing in front of these other hacks.

Comment

Track,
        And in the games he did average 22+ minutes/game, he averaged 7 points and 4 Rebs/game.
        Once again... at Omaha.

If IPBC was considered a major cog in the Mavericks machine, you have to think they would have made an offer he couldn't refuse before he started sending text messages to HCIB.
        Just sayin'

That is all.
        And QB is at another school where his minutes are being taken by a walk-on.

Comment

The thought of this team trying to match up against Houston is downright scary.
          Hold me ShockRef. I'm skeered.

We're gonna get smoked harder than a doobie in a VW bus full of Colorado snow boarders.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Hold me ShockRef. I'm skeered.

We're gonna get smoked harder than a doobie in a VW bus full of Colorado snow boarders.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Wow, just like I dreamed it up in my head. Except maybe snowboards and beenie caps.
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• On the bright sides there’s still lots of basketball to be played and we still are in play for an at large.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  On the bright sides there’s still lots of basketball to be played and we still are in play for an at large.
                  When did this become the UNI board!?

Comment

• I'm one of the more negative nancies on here...but I actually think we'll do better in AAC play than most think. Seems to be a down year except for Houston.

Comment

Track,
                      Once again... at Omaha.

Just sayin'

That is all.
                      You said he IPBC couldn't get off the bench at Omaha. I pointed out he was injured, and played a lot when healthy. That's really all I had to say about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                        On the bright sides there’s still lots of basketball to be played and we still are in play for an at large.
                        Technically he's right .. unlike UNI .. if we win out and lose in the AAC tourney title game .. we would get an at large .

Negative 34903840380% chance of that happening .. but .. it's still technically in play.

Comment

• In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am going to focus on the positive from this game. Also should be noted that I was traveling and didn't get to catch the game and had to watch highlights.
                          • Porter is a stud. Walton is a stud. The two of them together is a thing of beauty.
                          • Clearly Xavier Bell was told to make a concerted effort to drive to the hoop and not settle for the three. I like the results the last two games.
                          • Rebounding has been a somewhat positive.
                          • Defense is good but the Shox won't be able to play zone against good teams. They will have to figure it out on man to man to be able to switch it up.

Ok, one negative. 8 assists on 23 field goals with 6 of those 8 from one guy. That is not going to cut it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

And QB is at another school where his minutes are being taken by a walk-on.
                            Good point. Hadn't thought of that.

Comment

• We have some selfish players. The modern athlete is a different breed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am going to focus on the positive from this game. Also should be noted that I was traveling and didn't get to catch the game and had to watch highlights.
                                • Porter is a stud. Walton is a stud. The two of them together is a thing of beauty.
                                • Clearly Xavier Bell was told to make a concerted effort to drive to the hoop and not settle for the three. I like the results the last two games.
                                • Rebounding has been a somewhat positive.
                                • Defense is good but the Shox won't be able to play zone against good teams. They will have to figure it out on man to man to be able to switch it up.

Ok, one negative. 8 assists on 23 field goals with 6 of those 8 from one guy. That is not going to cut it.
                                Sounds encouraging!

Comment

Working...
                                X