Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. San Francisco (11/22/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Game Thread: vs. San Francisco (11/22/22)

Date and Time: Nov 22 (Tue) 1:00 PM
    Mascot: San Francisco Dons
    TV and Radio: CBS Sports Network and KEYN 103.7 FM

Shockers: Win by 6+
    35.14%
    Shockers: Win by 1 to 5
    27.03%
    Toss-Up: Could Go Either Way
    21.62%
    Shockers: Lose by 1 to 5
    5.41%
    Shockers: Lose by 6+
    10.81%

The poll is expired.

Here's the deal.. Against the better teams, 5 assists and 12 turnovers will not result in wins. Today we had 7 points off turnovers and they had 0. We won 34 -20 in the paint. This seemed to be more from penettration and one on one plays , and rebound put backs, etc. We need to establish an inside game for a better inside/outside ratio. Great to see Bell and Gus play solid today. Walton and Porter are our keys and several others are contributing. Good to see Poor Bear back and contributing. Of course we will win this tournament for the first time, but only by 7.

WSU 68

San Fran. 61

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      Here's the deal.. Against the better teams, 5 assists and 12 turnovers will not result in wins. Today we had 7 points off turnovers and they had 0. We won 34 -20 in the paint. This seemed to be more from penettration and one on one plays , and rebound put backs, etc. We need to establish an inside game for a better inside/outside ratio. Great to see Bell and Gus play solid today. Walton and Porter are our keys and several others are contributing. Good to see Poor Bear back and contributing. Of course we will win this tournament for the first time, but only by 7.

WSU 68

San Fran. 61

We won this tournament the last time we played in it.

Comment

I believe we won the HOFC Tournament in 2013, beating BYU. Some guy named Rob Barker was tournament MVP, as I recall.

Comment

Oops, was going by a commentator on ESPN + whom I thought said that. Time tio win another one.

Comment

Is this game at 1 or 2 pm?

Comment

Is this game at 1 or 2 pm?
              1pm CST
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Oops, was going by a commentator on ESPN + whom I thought said that. Time tio win another one.

For sure!

Comment

Golden Gate = 66
                  John Mack = 69

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

WSU got a bump in Kenpom with the win today from 92 to 81. Another win and the Shocker Faithfull on facebook will want an extension for HCIB.

Comment

We saw the tail end of the San Francisco v. UNI game. SF has some size.

Comment

Dons - 75
                        Cons - 65
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401486787

Vegas is taking the San Francisco Dons by 1.0 point.

Comment

Thus far, Walton is the only newcomer that has panned out. Our trusty expert announcers seemed to have misled us on a few guys especially Abidde and Ricks who was suppose to be the answer as a shooting wing. Tell me, how much does a shooter have to know about the offense? He finds his spot and waits for ball reversals or kick outs. I also had higher hopes for Okafor. Pierre has talent but is pretty undisciplined looking to make an ESPN highlight play. If we can't make some threes today we lose 62-57

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                              Thus far, Walton is the only newcomer that has panned out. Our trusty expert announcers seemed to have misled us on a few guys especially Abidde and Ricks who was suppose to be the answer as a shooting wing. Tell me, how much does a shooter have to know about the offense? He finds his spot and waits for ball reversals or kicexk outs. I also had higher hopes for Okafor. Pierre has talent but is pretty undisciplined looking to make an ESPN highlight play. If we can't make some threes today we lose 62-57
                              I agree that we have lots of holes in our lineup, except for a couple. Some positive flashes from players like Okafor (rebounding), Pierre, Xavier looked good yesterday off the bendh, Rojas (not yesterday, when stupid crept in), but if this team is going anywhere positive, they have to be more consistent, and a must is that Kenny Pohto has to start hitting 35% of his 3's.

Comment

Working...
                              X