Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. San Francisco (11/22/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    O/U .500 in AAC play?!
    13 win team.

Comment

• After watching a few games in the last couple days, I have come to the realization that I don't care too much for today's college basketball. Transfer portal has killed team chemistry, shot clock and general play makes for teams shooting 3 pointers or driving to get a layup or draw a foul. Crisp passing and movement are all but gone. And it isn't just WSU.
      I will continue to watch and support the shocks regardless of how good or bad they are. But this game is really becoming ugly. Think I'll do more high school games where kids learn to play together for at least a couple years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
        After watching a few games in the last couple days, I have come to the realization that I don't care too much for today's college basketball. Transfer portal has killed team chemistry, shot clock and general play makes for teams shooting 3 pointers or driving to get a layup or draw a foul.crisp passing a movement are all but gone. And it isn't just WSU.
        I will continue to watch and support the shocks regardless of how good or bad they are. But this game is really becoming ugly. Think I'll do more high school games where kids learn to play together for at least a couple years.
        Extremely accurate assessment and shot clock is no small part. Chemistry is bad in the first place so you have to first implement but then have time to run an offense and resist temptation to Jack shots up while clock threatens to run out.

Comment

• Shockers 8 assists on 23 baskets. USF 16 assists on 22 baskets.

I am pretty much resign to the fact that following the Shockers this season will entail watching a lot of ugly basketball, win or lose. However, not sure how much longer I can hold out before throwing in the towel. Hopefully, something happens to change the dynamics of this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocknroll33 View Post
            IB is a good recruiter and assistant coach. Too bad for us that's his ceiling.
            After watching some of these recruits play I'm willing to give IB a little more credit for play calling (yes, plays are being called) and less credit for his recruiting (these dawgs can't execute). Outside of Jaykwon Walton none of these new guys move the needle.

Comment

• As for the assist numbers, who is Porter supposed to assist outside of Walton? Pierre is a brick laying machine, Pohto has weak hands, IPBC has butter fingers, Rojas has a multitude of issues. It’s really hard to watch. The worst part is that we will be rebuilding again next year. We’re now a feeder school for the SEC, get used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                As for the assist numbers, who is Porter supposed to assist outside of Walton? Pierre is a brick laying machine, Pohto has weak hands, IPBC has butter fingers, Rojas has a multitude of issues. It’s really hard to watch. The worst part is that we will be rebuilding again next year. We’re now a feeder school for the SEC, get used to it.
                Cannot emphasize enough how frustrating it will be to watch Jaykwon Walton likely bolt to the SEC this offseason. Might puke if it's Arkansas.

Comment

• More assists than turnovers speaks for itself, but, why did WSU stay in the zone so god**mn long? Did WSU just concede San Fran has better guards? It's hard to draw any other conclusion.

Comment

• Craig Porter and Jaykwon Walton are the Perez and Evans of this team. Everyone else is just filler.

Comment

Craig Porter and Jaykwon Walton are the Perez and Evans of this team. Everyone else is just filler.
                      That is spot on. Good call.

Comment

Craig Porter and Jaykwon Walton are the Perez and Evans of this team. Everyone else is just filler.
                        Dan,
                        Didn't take long for you to come around.
                        There were various reasons guys like Rojas, Ballard and Pierre were readily available.
                        Now you have visual evidence to understand why.
                        Who made the decision to put out the welcome mat for these guys?

I had heard Rojas pulled some of the same shiit he has pulled in Wichita and was essentially told to find another lily pad to land on or he would get some help packing to leave Tuscaloosa.

The thought of this team trying to match up against Houston is downright scary.
                        Fortunately, we will only have to watch it twice this year and then we get Rice and the other leftovers from C-USA.

Speaking of scary things, the best low post player on the team (so far) couldn't get off the bench for Omaha.
                        Yikes.

Another scary thing...Tarleton...

That is all.
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• I like Walton! Thats my positive!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Speaking of scary things, the best low post player on the team (so far) couldn't get off the bench for Omaha.
                            Yikes.
                            IPBC was injured most of last season and averaged 21 minutes in the three games he played at Omaha.

Comment

• I don't think IB (or some on this board) agree with this. But I would love to be in Houston's position right now....just sayin:

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• USF - Two National Championships
                                WSU - Zero National Championships

This is the result when you try living in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X