Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. San Francisco (11/22/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Today is definitely a measuring stick of a game. I was definitely one in the majority of expecting this team to be brutal all year. I've seen some potential and a win today gives me slight hope going into the season that it won't be a dumpster fire.

Comment

If we contain their perimeter game (i.e. Shabazz) we win. Zone or man-to-man D?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I agree that we have lots of holes in our lineup, except for a couple. Some positive flashes from players like Okafor (rebounding), Pierre, Xavier looked good yesterday off the bendh, Rojas (not yesterday, when stupid crept in), but if this team is going anywhere positive, they have to be more consistent, and a must is that Kenny Pohto has to start hitting 35% of his 3's.
          AND, our shooting guards who are playing that position because they are SUPPOSE to be able to shoot threes ! Pierre and XB combined 3-25?

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

AND, our shooting guards who are playing that position because they are SUPPOSE to be able to shoot threes ! Pierre and XB combined 3-25?
            That’s pretty unbelievable. you almost have to be trying to miss to make that few

Comment

I think Bell is starting to relax a little bit, yesterday was very encouraging. I think he was nervous as hell the first few games
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

63-52 Shox. We finally hit the 33% mark on threes (a low bar, but would be an improvement) and defense remains stout.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  and a must is that Kenny Pohto has to start hitting 35% of his 3's.
                  And maybe WIN the opening tip for once to assert some aggressive athleticism!
                  ...or just have Jaykwon do it.

FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                    Today is definitely a measuring stick of a game.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

World Cup and Shocks ... thank goodness for multi-monitor setups!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        World Cup and Shocks ... thank goodness for multi-monitor setups!
                        Unfortunately, I only have three monitors at my works station and kind of need them all. Wish I had a five screen setup like a few others. I'd still use them all but I might be able to make due with only four and the game on the fifth.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Unfortunately, I only have three monitors at my works station and kind of need them all. Wish I had a five screen setup like a few others. I'd still use them all but I might be able to make due with only four and the game on the fifth.
                          Shrink the games down to quarter screen and stack 'em on a single monitor!

Comment

Surprise Surprise .. slow shooting start for us lol

Comment

And San Francisco is nails, shooting the best shot in the game. Grrrrr

Comment

Probably not a great idea to dare a team to shoot 3s when that is their strength ...

Comment

Working...
                                X