No announcement yet.

Top Coach Isaac Brown Excuses for the 2022-23 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did any of you happen to see the late game plays in the Michigan State vs. Kentucky game? Specifically the out of bounds play which resulted in a dunk? Yeah we don't have anything like that...

Comment

The end of the Mich St -Kentucky game was unbelievable. Those out of bounds plays were things of beauty. Of course, they have personnel to execute them perfectly. Would have been a perfect advertisement for Masterclass.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        What IB was getting paid before and what he is getting now is like night and day difference. He also knows, at this point, that his worth elsewhere isn't much right now. I cannot image he'd take less than what the contract offers. This is the start of his 2nd season and I believe he is guaranteed his full remaining contract if he is fired between now and the end of his 3rd year. After that, he gets a portion of his 4th and 5th years.
        Sorry to quote myself, but I went back to try and verify my statement.

"the term of employment will run from May 1, 2021, to April 30, 2026. Coach Brown will receive one million the first two years, 1.25 million in years three and four, and 1.5 million in year five." "if he's fired without cause in section 13 of the LOI. How much varies depending on the year of employment - if it happens in years 1-3, he gets whatever remains on his contract still. If it happens in years 4-5, he gets half of whatever remains." This is from one of "Ted Lasso's" posts quoting the terms.

It would appear that Brown would get $4 million if fired at the end of this season.

Comment

Maybe I'll take my $1000 for if Brown gets ejected during a game and just save it and contribute towards the buyout. Can we start a gofundme to raise the rest?
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sorry to quote myself, but I went back to try and verify my statement.

"the term of employment will run from May 1, 2021, to April 30, 2026. Coach Brown will receive one million the first two years, 1.25 million in years three and four, and 1.5 million in year five." "if he's fired without cause in section 13 of the LOI. How much varies depending on the year of employment - if it happens in years 1-3, he gets whatever remains on his contract still. If it happens in years 4-5, he gets half of whatever remains." This is from one of "Ted Lasso's" posts quoting the terms.

It would appear that Brown would get $4 million if fired at the end of this season.
            So the tradeoff is WSU would owe him $4M if terminated at the end of this season, versus a total cost of $2.625M at the end of next season.

Uuugh.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

So the tradeoff is WSU would owe him $4M if terminated at the end of this season, versus a total cost of $2.625M at the end of next season.

Uuugh.
              I think it all depends on the dates of when one season ends and another starts. If the "4th season" starts the day after season 3 ends (after last day of actual final game), he would get half the remaining, or $1.375 million.

Comment

Again, I want to know how much his poor performance is hurting WSU monetarily and non-monetarily through a reduced/damaged image along their recruiting corridors.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Again, I want to know how much his poor performance is hurting WSU monetarily and non-monetarily through a reduced/damaged image along their recruiting corridors.
                  Assuming that hiring a credible head coach would give a bump to attendance numbers. (Given attendance in Marshall's first two years, I think it would)

2,000 empty seats * $40 per fan in ticket/concessions * 20 home dates = $1.6M.

While that's an overly simplistic analysis, I think you could make an argument that they can't afford to NOT buy him out at the end of the year.

Comment

I think it all depends on the dates of when one season ends and another starts. If the "4th season" starts the day after season 3 ends (after last day of actual final game), he would get half the remaining, or $1.375 million.
                    Also .. pretty sure this is his 2nd season per his contract. I think the AAC champ season was under his interim contract. I don't believe it's backdated. So contractually we are just in year 2. So May 1 2024 is the first time they could fire for the 1/2 remaining clause.

EDIT: just say the contractual terms posted above .. so yea .. its fully remaining from now until May 1, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Also .. pretty sure this is his 2nd season per his contract. I think the AAC champ season was under his interim contract. I don't believe it's backdated. So contractually we are just in year 2. So May 1 2024 is the first time they could fire for the 1/2 remaining clause.

EDIT: just say the contractual terms posted above .. so yea .. its fully remaining from now until May 1, 2024
                      Yes. That's why I said earlier that HCIB would receive $4 million at the "end" of this season (whatever the date is). It would be after one more full season that he would receive half of years 4 and 5.

Comment

Plus the salary of the 3rd season. (to compare WSU's cost of retaining him an additional season versus terminating at the end of season 2)
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I would once again like to say thanks to our former AD for this stellar arrangement.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Plus the salary of the 3rd season. (to compare WSU's cost of retaining him an additional season versus terminating at the end of season 2)
                            You have the cost of the 3rd season regardless. But, you also have the full salary for years 4 and 5, not 1/2. That's about $1.4 mil PLUS the new coach's salary versus potential loss of revenue for a year. Glad we can call Saal.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                              I would once again like to say thanks to our former AD for this stellar arrangement.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

You have the cost of the 3rd season regardless. But, you also have the full salary for years 4 and 5, not 1/2. That's about $1.4 mil PLUS the new coach's salary versus potential loss of revenue for a year. Glad we can call Saal.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X