Top Coach Isaac Brown Excuses for the 2022-23 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Coach Isaac Brown Excuses for the 2022-23 Season

What is the most common excuse we will hear at the conclusion of games and on the Coaches Show this season.
    "We just didn't play well and that's on me."
    5.88%
    'We didn't execute when we needed too and that's on me."
    5.88%
    "We give all the credit to (fill in the blank) and that's on me."
    11.76%
    'We didn't defend/shoot it well at a high-level and that's on me."
    29.41%
    "We Gotta' get back to the drawing board, get back to work, get better, and that's on me."
    23.53%
    "We (fill in the blank) and that's on me."
    23.53%

All of the above?

Comment

We stink and it is on me cause we recruited some pretty decent talent

Comment

Need to make this into a Bingo card. Maybe iBingo. This could turn into a promotion to enhance the game time experience.

​​​​​

Comment

We need to coach better and that’s on me

Comment

Hey everyone here on Shockernet:

Unsolicited comment coming up, take it for what it's worth (absolutely nothing).

We all got fired up about FADDB and rightfully so. A change was made.

I just hate to see this really good board degenerate into a place where daily threads are created to bash the current HC.

Kevin clearly stated that the result wasn't acceptable. He gets it.

None of this is HCIB's fault. He didn't ask for Gregg to be fired, and he didn't ask for the job. He did what was asked of him, and he was put into a situation that he is not prepared for and he's doing his best (imho).

NOT IB's fault. I don't think we need to hammer him for the next 5 months to air our grievances.

Just my .02. Not saying he can't be questioned at all. Maybe just look inside and ask if it's all necessary.

Carry on.

Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Unsolicited comment coming up, take it for what it's worth (absolutely nothing).

I just hate to see this really good board degenerate into a place where daily threads are created to bash the current HC.

None of this is HCIB's fault. He didn't ask for Gregg to be fired, and he didn't ask for the job. He did what was asked of him, and he was put into a situation that he is not prepared for and he's doing his best (imho).

NOT IB's fault. I don't think we need to hammer him for the next 5 months to air our grievances.

Just my .02. Not saying he can't be questioned at all. Maybe just look inside and ask if it's all necessary.

Carry on.

Go Shocks.
              If I were performing so poorly, I'd negotiate a reasonable buy out to alleviate the pain for myself and my employer.

Comment

Carry on.

Go Shocks.
                Thank you for your input Doc and I respect where you are coming from. I would counter with a few things:
                • To my knowledge, he was not forced to take the WSU head basketball coaching job. It was offered and I presume he willfully accepted it. If he felt he wasn't up to the task he could have declined the offer.
                • For many of us, this is our outlet for everything Shockers. Good, bad, or ugly. It is a place to vent and be heard and express our feelings of being a fan of the Shockers. So, I do feel like if someone wants to express that then they should be allowed to do so.
                • I think there are a lot of things on here that aren't "necessary" but alas that is what makes Shockernet a beautiful place. I say take the good with the bad.
                • I personally don't (or at least try not to) go out of my way to be overly critical of HCIB but I also don't think we should accept the status quo and blindly follow. That is more dangerous in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Thank you for your input Doc and I respect where you are coming from. I would counter with a few things:
                  • To my knowledge, he was not forced to take the WSU head basketball coaching job. It was offered and I presume he willfully accepted it. If he felt he wasn't up to the task he could have declined the offer.
                  • For many of us, this is our outlet for everything Shockers. Good, bad, or ugly. It is a place to vent and be heard and express our feelings of being a fan of the Shockers. So, I do feel like if someone wants to express that then they should be allowed to do so.
                  • I think there are a lot of things on here that aren't "necessary" but alas that is what makes Shockernet a beautiful place. I say take the good with the bad.
                  • I personally don't (or at least try not to) go out of my way to be overly critical of HCIB but I also don't think we should accept the status quo and blindly follow. That is more dangerous in my opinion.
                  Beautifully put MKR. I don't have anything against IB except he is coaching my favorite team on the planet poorly. As you said, he took this job willingly which carries some inherent imperfections which includes putting up with me on a fan board. He is over his head. He must know it, but he is in too deep. He will ride it out and I am sure will accept what is sure to happen with class, grace and dignity. We just can't accurately predict when the inevitable will happen, but until then I and many on this board will submit some truths that might sting, but are part of the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

If I were performing so poorly, I'd negotiate a reasonable buy out to alleviate the pain for myself and my employer.
                    I call BS. I don’t think you would, nor do I think most people on here would.

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                      I call BS. I don’t think you would, nor do I think most people on here would.
                      If I didn't care about the team or school, you may be right. But if I did care , I feel 100 % positive that I could negotiate a reasonable buy out. Money isn't everything to me. But there are those like yourself, that money is everything.

Comment

What IB was getting paid before and what he is getting now is like night and day difference. He also knows, at this point, that his worth elsewhere isn't much right now. I cannot image he'd take less than what the contract offers. This is the start of his 2nd season and I believe he is guaranteed his full remaining contract if he is fired between now and the end of his 3rd year. After that, he gets a portion of his 4th and 5th years.

Comment

IB has a million reasons to take the heat. He definitely knew what this job entailed. He didn’t have to take it. I understand it was all a bad situation he was put in. I hate to disagree with you Doc but I’m not just gonna sit back and take it and watch an upper level basketball program gasp for air and die a slow painful death just because we have a nice guy coach that didn’t know what signing on the dotted line means. IB will be very well off because of all of this. He’ll be ok.

In the meantime, if a coach can’t coach, and he’s paid 6-7 figures to coach, he’s gonna get some pushback for it.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Carry on.

Go Shocks.
                            Give me $2M + a hefty buyout, and you can talk whatever $#!+ you want on me!! ;)

I kid (but I also not kid).
                            The Assman

Comment

Carry on.

Go Shocks.
                              I get where you are coming from. However, IB entered this willfully, his faculties are all intact, and therefore he is completely responsible for his actions. He is no longer on the interim tag. He signed the dotted line.

If you contracted a job to be done and the contractor turned in a sub-par job that cost you over half your business due to you customers being disgusted at what he turned your product into, would you expect you customers to turn a blind eye to the job the contractor did just because he was a nice guy that tried really hard? Would you tell your customers not to grumble and just accept the product for what it is because you feel sorry for the guy?

Darron got a pubic shaming that was well deserved, but he was in the same position IB is in now: underqualified and overpaid with a negative return on investment. IB is being publicly ridiculed, WSU is being publicly ridiculed, and now the AD is looking at the ledger and watching to see if he is losing more in PR and image than IBs contract is worth. IB is not who I would want as the face of my biggest product in a multi billion dollar market.

Long story short, when a contractor makes an awning for a Michelin star restaurant out of pallets and silicone, I’m memeing it.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X